eBay - Seller protection?

tvham

The seller is pretty much always fucked. Pictures, receipts, doesn't matter. They can claim you sent an empty box if they want.

He has a good chance of winning with proof of shipment. 

I would know because I dealt with someone who claimed I sent them damaged goods. Ok so the situations are different but eBay doesn't always side with the buyer. It's important to remember eBay makes it's money off sellers, so they do want to hear your side. 

When someone said I sent them damaged goods I told them to ship it back, and I also went on to call eBay (easiest call back system in the world) and asked to speak directly with Resolution Center. I explained my story to the woman on the phone and I won my case.

Proof of shipment goes a long way.

anybody consider this guy just really has a shitty post office staff and is not trying to scam anybody? 

My mailman leaves my packages on my neighbors porch all the time even though i have told them 100 times I'm 222A and she is 222B. Sometimes though people just suck. 

I always make it a point to make friends with my mailman/mailwoman some days though there's a switch and my normal mailman is swapped with some faster dude who comes during noon instead of what I'm used to which is around 4pm. The newer guy always just leaves packages at the door while the guy I'm used to having will leave a note and not have the packages missing risk. Other than that he thinks I'm a DJ and he's a cool old guy probably retired Navy and Guamanian because he calls me , "Guy" point being is, strike up a relationship with them and they'll take care of you. Scold them for leaving packages at the wrong address 100 times, they'll probably be less caring about your particular visit out of their many carries throughout the day.

(I don't blame you, I sometimes get my downstairs neighbors packages when the ink is faded, she orders a lot of jewelry!)

He has a good chance of winning with proof of shipment. 

I would know because I dealt with someone who claimed I sent them damaged goods. Ok so the situations are different but eBay doesn't always side with the buyer. It's important to remember eBay makes it's money off sellers, so they do want to hear your side. 

When someone said I sent them damaged goods I told them to ship it back, and I also went on to call eBay (easiest call back system in the world) and asked to speak directly with Resolution Center. I explained my story to the woman on the phone and I won my case.

Proof of shipment goes a long way.

Great advice.  

I always make it a point to make friends with my mailman/mailwoman some days though there's a switch and my normal mailman is swapped with some faster dude who comes during noon instead of what I'm used to which is around 4pm. The newer guy always just leaves packages at the door while the guy I'm used to having will leave a note and not have the packages missing risk. Other than that he thinks I'm a DJ and he's a cool old guy probably retired Navy and Guamanian because he calls me , "Guy" point being is, strike up a relationship with them and they'll take care of you. Scold them for leaving packages at the wrong address 100 times, they'll probably be less caring about your particular visit out of their many carries throughout the day.

(I don't blame you, I sometimes get my downstairs neighbors packages when the ink is faded, she orders a lot of jewelry!)

My mailman is the shit.  My wife baked him bread over the holidays to thank him for taking care of us. 

My mailman is the shit.  My wife baked him bread over the holidays to thank him for taking care of us. 

I wanted to give my guy a card but I kept getting the noob mailer. Maybe my original guy took a vacation? Now I'd just feel weird giving him a late card because he's back. I'm shy! :X 

I wanted to give my guy a card but I kept getting the noob mailer. Maybe my original guy took a vacation? Now I'd just feel weird giving him a late card because he's back. I'm shy! :X 

A heartfelt thanks is always a good idea.  I'm sure folks in their profession are not used to being thanked for their hard wok.

A heartfelt thanks is always a good idea.  I'm sure folks in their profession are not used to being thanked for their hard wok.

From my experience as a mailman years ago, they will appreciate the gesture any time of year. Also, it didn't matter if the regular carrier wasn't the one to pick up any gift/gratuity - I always had to make sure the regular carrier received it.

What is the buyers name? Please post it here so we can all avoid that user. 

He is obviously a scammer putting pressure on you. Cute little "I yelled at the mailman story because hypothetically they can steal anything without tracking," story 

As expected, he opened a case against me. I'm going to fight it, I'm sure he'll get his money back eventually but I'm going to make him work for it. 

His user name is zhughes24 

Be very careful if you're dealing with this guy, though I imagine no one here would buy the shit he's peddling.