Everything's Comin' Up Milhouse!

A comparison of the animation for marge in the old intro VS the new:

Gapj0Xo.gif

7lpD7Uk.jpg

That's been the best example I've seen of how much expression and character has been lost with the animation switch (not that the switch happened overnight).

wow. that is really somethin'.

i think we can all agree that the original animation style was just ugly, but in this context, it sure makes the present look lazy.

wow. that is really somethin'.

i think we can all agree that the original animation style was just ugly, but in this context, it sure makes the present look lazy.

i'll never agree to that. just as much as the voice acting and writing, the animation style gave the Simpsons soul. 

Unpolished /= Ugly. And I wouldn't even call the animation unpolished, aside from the tracy ullman stuff, and maybe season one.

What bugs me is Maggie and Gerald's fist shaking. It's so horribly mis-framed, it looks like a 2001 flash animation.

ha, i hadn't noticed that but you're totally right. But yeah, everything lost life and a certain panache with the "upgrade". I notice the bag maggie is in more than anything.