Game of Thrones: Season 4 (NO SPOILERS BOOK-READERS!)

So. Who poisoned Joffrey? I have to re-watch that scene as I've been reading that there was a shot where it made it obvious on who did it.

Yes! I'm definitely going to rewatch the episode tonight. This season has been great so far. I hope it only gets better. Had a feeling this was all going to go down this episode due to the context clues in the foreshadowing of the previous episode, but that death scene...  :o It was awesome! What was up with Cersei saying she is queen? That seemed strange now that there was in fact a new queen. Jealous much, or did she know something was going to happen?  :ph34r:

Damn. Didn't figure my question would spark such heated debates. Ouch.

At first I thought it may had been Sansa since she did reach for the cup from under the table and handed it to Tyrion. BUT. Then noticed that the cup that Joffrey grabs afterwards is one sitting in front Margerite's mother. Right?

Hell. I initially thought the dumbass was choking for real on some dead pigeon stuck in the slice of pie after he cut the thing with the sword. There was a quick shot of a pigeon's head and blood in the carved out pie.

I think that change might be because of the other actor having cancer, so they needed a replacement since he might not have been available for camera time.  Bronn is, I agree, the best replacement.

@timbrh - i really wish I haven't read the books, but I read them after season 1 came out so I shot myself in the foot there.  didn't realize how much I'd be letting up.  I tell all people I meet now to never read past the season.

I also thought it was very interesting, that at least as far as we can tell, they put Shae on a ship......

If they really took out that plot twist, I will be livid.  

I'm reading the books now but am glad I'm doing it after the fact. For they are far better than an already well done show.

So the show isn't spoiled and the story is stronger as I read.

Of course the readers may know more what's going on, but I thought the show last night made a point to focus on the pie when it was cut and the new queen did not have a bite

Can't decide which was more enjoyable... the look of helplessness and agony on Joffrey's face, or the pain and heartbreak on Cersei's.

A tiny tiny part of me felt bad for both of them. But then I remember how shitty human being they both are/were and then relished in the tragedy.

At first I thought it may had been Sansa since she did reach for the cup from under the table and handed it to Tyrion. BUT. Then noticed that the cup that Joffrey grabs afterwards is one sitting in front Margerite's mother. Right?

Hell. I initially thought the dumbass was choking for real on some dead pigeon stuck in the slice of pie after he cut the thing with the sword. There was a quick shot of a pigeon's head and blood in the carved out pie.

Ironically, I'm pretty sure I got the answer spoiled to me by a book reader over on another forum.  If you're really curious to what I've read, you can shoot me a PM and I'll tell you.

No he gets the same cup. After Tyrion first fills it Joffrey hands it to Margery who then sets it on the table by her grandmother. Then when told again, Tyrion walks over grabs the same cup and the camera focuses on the grandmother.

No he gets the same cup. After Tyrion first fills it Joffrey hands it to Margery who then sets it on the table by her grandmother. Then when told again, Tyrion walks over grabs the same cup and the camera focuses on the grandmother.

Got it. Then has to be the so-called shot of the grandmother that I read somewhere points/hints out to to who poisoned Joffrey. I'm curious to see how it all unfolds now.

I realize it was left ambiguous in the book but I always put my money on the grandmother. From a story point of view it makes the most sense. The queen doing it too obvious, and sansa Is too smart/cautious. 

And there it is folks...  This is why we can't have nice things in this thread.

Fuckin' entitled book readers...

A lot of us tried hard throughout this whole thing to not ruin it.  Used spoiler tags and all.  Sorry this dude had to come in with no consideration.

There's always one in the crowd, which is why I originally said what I said (and of course was flamed for it by some meathead who thinks they're special because they can read).