Game of Thrones: Season 4 (NO SPOILERS BOOK-READERS!)

So Tim, you can't understand the line of succession (which occurs in real life as well) that when a King dies with no sons, his younger brother becomes king?

Tommen was sitting next to Tyrion at the wedding.  He started to laugh at the dwarf battle scene, but Tyrion shot him a dirty look and he stopped real quick.  He is usually portrayed as a kind boy, in contrast to Joffrey.  If you remember earlier in the show (I think season 2) Cersei and her kids were eating with Sansa and Tommen asked if Joffrey was going to kill Sansa's brother, and he told Cersei he wouldn't like it if that happened.

If you guys want spoilers as to where the poison came from, you can click on this link below.  If you don't, don't blame me that you clicked on the link.

http://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

Thanks for the poison necklace spoilers!

Wait, so how can it be a spoiler here, when you already knew about it?

Hypocrite.

i think we can all agree that something someone infers or figures out solely from events in the television show isn't a spoiler.

This, Tim. I never read the books. I read a Reddit post after watching the ep Sunday night. I watched it again later on and noticed everything I talked about.

If it's a spoiler and continues to rustle your jimmies, I can go on in detail about how the necklace was put in the drink...

Think about it...

Lets see... you post a link to something that details !!actual scenes!! in the tv show (which you obviously watched), pieces all the clues together on the necklace, then after your post, someone talks about said necklace. You then claim they spoiled that for you, even though you clearly already knew.

Lets see... you post a link to something that details !!actual scenes!! in the tv show (which you obviously watched), pieces all the clues together on the necklace, then after your post, someone talks about said necklace. You then claim they spoiled that for you, even though you clearly already knew.

I didn't claim they spoiled it for me.  I guess you just happened to assume that, correct?

I went back and rewatched the episode to see if I could pin point the whole poisoned necklace debacle. I couldn't. Still seems like it had to do with the pie. (that's just my opinion though) Also if you watch scene to scene Sansa still has all the jewels on the necklace. There are some moments where it's hard to tell and then in the next scene all the jewels will be there, so if it was the necklace then there was terrible editing taking place. I have a feeling they won't touch on who exactly poisoned Joffrey because it doesn't matter. All that matters is that Tyrion is getting blamed and then on to the next scene/storyline. 

I went back and rewatched the episode to see if I could pin point the whole poisoned necklace debacle. I couldn't. Still seems like it had to do with the pie. (that's just my opinion though) Also if you watch scene to scene Sansa still has all the jewels on the necklace. There are some moments where it's hard to tell and then in the next scene all the jewels will be there, so if it was the necklace then there was terrible editing taking place. I have a feeling they won't touch on who exactly poisoned Joffrey because it doesn't matter. All that matters is that Tyrion is getting blamed and then on to the next scene/storyline. 

Wasn't parts of the pie being served to all the guests though at one point in the scene?  Can't remember if I saw that or not.

But I still haven't figured out who carcosa the yellow king is!

Yes. I saw that yesterday. But then I re-watched the episode and noticed the discrepancies that I have already explained. I think this was mostly due to poor editing of the scenes. The whole poisoned necklace theory could be exactly what the writers had planned, but I just don't believe it. 

TIL that timbhr2001 doesn't actually understand what a "spoiler" is.

My wife and I both assumed Joffrey was choking on a piece of pie until they started showing closeups of his face, then we assumed it was poison—but we still figured it was from the pie. It wasn't until some eagle-eyed folks on Reddit did the frame-by-frame breakdown of the necklace that we were convinced it was in the wine cup.