I'm surprised that so many people like New Again, I think that record is garbage. Louder Now is about 80% super cheese ball too.  the self-titled had a handful of really good songs and really bad songs and I like the new song released too.  We'll see with this one.

i agree. it's crazy that people have opinions that differ, right? insane. 

Grabbed Bundle 7 last night. I have a copy of all of their vinyl releases so I had to get the LP and the 7", but wish I could have just paid 25 bucks for them, instead of having to get the whole bundle. The shirt was pretty sweet though, so I won't complain too much I guess. Love the new song though, definitely pumped for this album!

Went with package 7. I need to chill out with the vinyl purchases, but it's a good value and I like all of the stuff.

Haven't seen the variants written out anywhere yet, so I took the liberty of taking down whatever info I could from the preorder site to get it all in one place. Not sure what version Amazon is selling.

• Opaque Red /??
  • Red/White Smash /350
  • Red/Black Splatter /150
  • Opaque Gold 7" /??

This. So much. 

I'm a record collector not a fuckin shitty poster, shitty tshirt, stupid glass collector. All of it is fine if you like it but to have the 7" stuck in a bundle with a bunch of crap is the worst.

Exactly.

I understand the idea of charging more money so that people who really really love Taking Back Sunday are the ones who get the rarest vinyl, but at the price of $150/$75 to get a copy of splatter, that's too steep.

I'd like to see the industry go to a system similar to Fat (except with a more willingness to repress on variants). So for example, you'd charge:

$15 for Standard Red (Unlimited? /1000?)

$18 for Red/White A-Side/B-Side (/350)

$21 for Black w/ Red Splatter (/150)

In theory, it adds a little but more risk/reduces profit for flippers.  It let's someone choose how much X variant is worth to them and it also makes it less of a "race" to be at your computer checking Facebook/VC/wherever for updates on when vinyl becomes available.  Will the rarest presses still sell out quickly? Of course.  But I think you'd find people who (like me) bought a copy of The Movielife on clear with black smoke /200 instead of the red variant /700 because I thought they equally complimented the album art.  If I had to pay an extra $3 for one, I'd have chosen the less rare variant.

Sorry for the rambling, I just think it's absurd to throw a bunch of shit a lot of people don't want into a vinyl bundle with an exclusive variant (See: Alkaline Trio Ouija board)

I think some plants call a side/b side mixes smash.

At the risk of sounding dumb, what exactly do you mean by side A/side B mixes. That makes it sound like side A is one color and side B is another, but I've never seen that and don't even know if it's possible haha Sorry for asking for even more clarification, I'm just still confused haha

At the risk of sounding dumb, what exactly do you mean by side A/side B mixes. That makes it sound like side A is one color and side B is another, but I've never seen that and don't even know if it's possible haha Sorry for asking for even more clarification, I'm just still confused haha

I know its possible. I believe punchline did it with Action

At the risk of sounding dumb, what exactly do you mean by side A/side B mixes. That makes it sound like side A is one color and side B is another, but I've never seen that and don't even know if it's possible haha Sorry for asking for even more clarification, I'm just still confused haha

The easiest way to explain is with pictures.

http://www.dailyvinyl.net/2014/01/TourBlues.html

So for Against Me's new record this is the picture of the A Side.  For the B side, picture the opposite.  The white is the predominant color and the blue is swirled in.

I think some plants call a side/b side mixes smash.

I know its possible. I believe punchline did it with Action

The easiest way to explain is with pictures.

http://www.dailyvinyl.net/2014/01/TourBlues.html

So for Against Me's new record this is the picture of the A Side.  For the B side, picture the opposite.  The white is the predominant color and the blue is swirled in.

Damn, that's sweet! haha Now I'm even more glad I picked that variant up. Thanks for filling me in guys!

Not only is it possible, but labels like Pure Noise, RFC, and Hopeless have been doing it for almost every release recently. Pure Noise is even starting to do a tri-color smash, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless you see the pictures.

I'm surprised that so many people like New Again, I think that record is garbage. Louder Now is about 80% super cheese ball too.  the self-titled had a handful of really good songs and really bad songs and I like the new song released too.  We'll see with this one.

New Again is pretty bad. Where You Want to Be is OK.

Louder Now is my favorite, followed by the Tell All Your Friends and Self Titled.

Liar and Whats it feel like to be a Ghost are some of my favorite TBS tracks.

Would love to have Louder Now on wax.