first listen through and I'm not sure whether I like it or not... same way i felt the last two albums

I'm with you man, 

Flicker Fade was such a stellar song but I am glad I waited to pre-order because I don't think I will listen to the whole album more than a few times

I'll just pick it up on clearance one of these days

I'm not digging anything from this album so far. I was really underwhelmed when I first heard Flicker Fade and Stood A Chance, both have grown on me but I don't see either having much staying power. As for the rest of the album I feel like it's too slow. Pretty much everything passed Louder Now hasn't really stuck with me, and even saying Louder Now stuck is a bit of stretch for me. Each album after LN certainly has their gems (for me) but HI isn't really doing it for me. I'll continue to listen over the next few days to see if anything sticks though. What are some of everyone's favorite songs so far? Maybe I need to key in on a few. 

I'm not digging anything from this album so far. I was really underwhelmed when I first heard Flicker Fade and Stood A Chance, both have grown on me but I don't see either having much staying power. As for the rest of the album I feel like it's too slow. Pretty much everything passed Louder Now hasn't really stuck with me, and even saying Louder Now stuck is a bit of stretch for me. Each album after LN certainly has their gems (for me) but HI isn't really doing it for me. I'll continue to listen over the next few days to see if anything sticks though. What are some of everyone's favorite songs so far? Maybe I need to key in on a few. 

I wasn't totally sold upon first listen. I definitely agree that it feels too slow, I was expecting something with a lot more energy. But now that I've listened to it more I really like the album as a whole and love Flicker, Fade, Beat Up Car, They Don't Have Any Friends, Better Homes and Gardens and Nothing At All. I like it more with each listen, so maybe give it more time?