SRCVinyl - Juliana Theory Love 2XLP

After giving this another listen today, there are more solid songs than I remembered. That being said, I still maintain that it's their weakest full-length.

This exactly. I will definitely pick this up, but I will wait until one of their "flash sales" or some such thing and grab it for $10-$15 (happily).

^^^ Musically, yeah. Lyrically, no, I don't think so.

Deadbeat Sweetheartbeat (whatever the hell that meant) is pretty bland if you ask me. Save for "Leave Like a Ghost (Drive Away)," which is my favorite track.

Lyrically? Seriously? Their first two records have more cheese than a nacho stand. Top of the world? DJ? Closest thing?

Deadbeat Sweetheartbeat (whatever the hell that meant) is pretty bland if you ask me. Save for "Leave Like a Ghost (Drive Away)," which is my favorite track.

I seem to recall the name being part of the dig at their former promo lady at Epic. The one that This Valentine Ain't No Saint was written about. Personally, I really like the more raw, almost live performance feel of Deadbeat.

I seem to recall the name being part of the dig at their former promo lady at Epic. The one that This Valentine Ain't No Saint was written about. Personally, I really like the more raw, almost live performance feel of Deadbeat.

i listened to deadbeat last night, and if done properly, i really want it on vinyl. especially french kiss off, though i prefer the demo version more. 

Deadbeat was mostly recorded live with the whole band in one room, playing together, if I'm not mistaken.

I know the name came from Brett thinking it was cool to have the before/after thing as an album name. I never heard anything about Valentine being about someone at Epic though.

Ok. The Valentine thing I'm positive about. If you look through the liner notes of Love, there's a gal with the last name Valentine, who was pretty involved with their signing to Epic, and the release of that album. After the band was unceremoniously dumped from the label, Brett wrote that song to/about her.

Lyrically? Seriously? Their first two records have more cheese than a nacho stand. Top of the world? DJ? Closest thing?

Mike said Love was their weakest. I said, musically, maybe, but not lyrically.

However, what the hell is wrong with Closest Thing? It's a pop song. Same with Top of the World. DJ is a little cheese but it fits with the longing for youth/lost friendship/nostalgia.

Ok. The Valentine thing I'm positive about. If you look through the liner notes of Love, there's a gal with the last name Valentine, who was pretty involved with their signing to Epic, and the release of that album. After the band was unceremoniously dumped from the label, Brett wrote that song to/about her.

Well look at me learning something new about the band. Thanks for the info.

Mike said Love was their weakest. I said, musically, maybe, but not lyrically.

However, what the hell is wrong with Closest Thing? It's a pop song. Same with Top of the World. DJ is a little cheese but it fits with the longing for youth/lost friendship/nostalgia.

i'm just saying, it's hard to argue the merits of any of their albums lyrically. they're all full of cheese. they were always that kinda band. almost a parody of emo-glam-rock. 

Anyone else see Brett saying on twitter the band had no say in this and were just told that it was happening? I know that is how it goes, but it just bums me out that they got to have no input in this. After seeing the work he put into his solo LP and the work he is doing on his new LP, they could have made it something really cool. But instead it's just a gatefold with one insert.

If I ever get this it will be down the road when the price is slashed or someone on here is trading it below value.