SRCVinyl - Juliana Theory Love 2XLP

i'm not surprised. just ridiculous how SRC came in the other thread to tell me I was wrong and that they never announce a record before it's in production and people like logan jumping down my throat to tell me i'm the asshole. 

luckily i don't need to buy much from SRC. 

Logan likes SRC, this explains so much.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get the hate either. Loved every tjt release. This was one of my favorites. Price was a little high but the mastering and bonus tracks help.

Super bummed about all the delays. Was going to pick up both variants but now will probably settle for the one pre order I did...at the beginning of the year.

Here's to a speedy dead beat sweetheart pressing!

just got an email back asking whether it was shipping today.

"another six weeks off still". maybe we can get logan to email them? they always take care of her. 

For those keeping track
Jan 14 - Record announced
Jan 16 - Preorder launched (money taken)
March 25 - Original release date, "(hopefully shipping earlier!)" in the original post
April 29 - New release date
May 20 - 2nd new release date
July 4? - "probably 6 weeks off still"

maybe we can get logan to email them? they always take care of her. 

Ya could have at least said please!  ;)

Basically, they had approved all the tests and everything was on schedule. Somewhere down the line, the plant messed it all up and now they're waiting for the plant to make new tests for SRC to approve. The reason the release is taking so long is because after having everything green lighted and ready to go...SRC is now in a position where they had to start the entire process over again. It took around 16 lacquers and they still have a C side that isn't approved. They're waiting on another lacquer for the C side and then hopefully things will be back on track. "It's a one in a million chance that this could happen and we always ship early so it's bound to happen to us. If there was a bigger issue, we would not be able to ship all of the other titles early." 

Long story short, SRC isn't happy with the wait and they understand why people are upset because they are too. 

Long story short, SRC isn't happy with the wait and they understand why people are upset because they are too. 

They don't understand enough to inform anyone other than you apparently. The site still says May 20. Assuming that emailing one person and hoping they will post in the thread and all of their customers will see it is unprofessional to say the least.

I mean, I agree that the updates would be better. It wasn't "hoping" I would post, he told me to.

But they do a lot of volume and have a lot of things going on with tests/pressings/etc.

I'm sure they'll update the webpage soon but they also have a million other things to worry about.

I mean, I agree that the updates would be better. It wasn't "hoping" I would post, he told me to.

wait. they emailed you to tell you to update the forum they own?

it doesn't get more unprofessional than that. you're seriously defending them by saying they're just too busy to do stuff like that? do you think they just found out that the records weren't shipping today? 

Yo yo yo, I'm not trying to pick fights over it. Just filling it what I was told because you made a comment that I should ask. 

That was poor phrasing because it was more like "if you're going to post about it, this is what's going on." But I'm sure they figured I would post it here as that's what anyone on this forum would do. 

I agreed that an update to those who purchased would have been nice and that maybe they just fell behind because they got busy. Human error is a thing that exists and we're all guilty of it. It doesn't make it acceptable, no, but it happens. 

How about if you don't like the wait, just ask for a refund and be done with it? Of course not, because that makes too much sense, and would result in loss of complaining on the internet time. :rolleyes:

^^^ Weren't you previously Jimmy The Scumbag? I don't think I like your positive Jimmy handle as much. 

I don't give a shit if you like it or not.

Better?