SRCVinyl - Juliana Theory Love 2XLP

You just love to stir up trouble lol.

no. i just think the blind loyalty to SRC is ridiculous. They've had no communication with their customers and because a few people have bought records by bands they like from SRC before, anyone who has a problem with how they're running their business are just "whiners who should shut up". 

For god's sake, it still says "release date may 20" and "in stock" on the release page. 

Yeah, like I mentioned, I would appreciate an e-mail update.  The fact that it's 2 days past the release date, their website says "In Stock" and two people have gotten word that it's still delayed another 6 weeks is poor business practice.  Especially since we paid for this album months before the initial release date.

Not to mention listing something as "In Stock" is false advertisement...?  Someone who was waiting out the PO might've ordered it on Tuesday thinking it'll ship right away.

Stop whining. You'll get it when you get it. VC is only for saying good things about SRC. Release dates are a myth!

Hoping this is sarcastic...your follow up comment also shows youre upset with SRC. IDK if you think that Im waving the SRC flag or what, Im just posting my concern for this record not being in my hands. Heard back from SRC a few times on twitter about basic questions of a record that the website lacked.

I guess like everyone else Id like some sort of an official statment via newsletter, or to those who pre ordered. Seems...fair

Hoping this is sarcastic...your follow up comment also shows youre upset with SRC. IDK if you think that Im waving the SRC flag or what, Im just posting my concern for this record not being in my hands. Heard back from SRC a few times on twitter about basic questions of a record that the website lacked.

I guess like everyone else Id like some sort of an official statment via newsletter, or to those who pre ordered. Seems...fair

yes, i was being sarcastic and mocking other people in this thread that didn't order the record but really love SRC because 'who knows why?'. you're asking the right questions. 

I.E. Me. He's mocking me.

more pudding hat/jimmy bag for the "stop whining" comments. 

i mean, you still defend SRC with a child-like faith but it seems to be a little shakier, considering what is happening is exactly what i said would happen and exactly what they said wouldn't happen and has never happened and will never happen again.

no. i just think the blind loyalty to SRC is ridiculous. They've had no communication with their customers and because a few people have bought records by bands they like from SRC before, anyone who has a problem with how they're running their business are just "whiners who should shut up".

For god's sake, it still says "release date may 20" and "in stock" on the release page.

Wah wah wah is all I am reading here. I am far from a fan of SRC, yet I still find your whining to be more annoying. You really should just ask for a refund and be done with it, but you are so hoping for the cool vinylz that you will just continue to bitch and moan about a delay just because you didn't get an email about said delay.

Cry cry cry, blah blah blah. No one cares.

I mean, I defend them because I've ordered from them A LOT. I've had multiple issues with them and they've been fast to respond and work it out. My customer service expierences with them have been nothing but top notch. It's not that I have a child like faith, it's that I know they put out a stellar product (go read the Starting Line thread, people are raving about how this turned out). I understand not everyone has had the best expierences and I don't argue with people about that. It's when they constantly get torn down for things that are out of their control or totally irrelevant.

Yes, I totally agree that it's poor business practice that these things are happening without an update. But instead of verbally abusing them on a forum, why not shoot and email just saying "hey! I noticed the Juliana Theory page says it's available when it's not. Also would you mind taking a minute to update everyone who preordered? I'm excited about this release and I hate feeling in the dark about it. Thanks for your time." Because, hell, you attract way more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

In all of my expierences with ordering product, it's when you're nice and understand that human error does happen, people will be far more helpful and kind. You will get what you want and sometimes more.

What's the point of constantly making jabs at me for it though? Well after arguments are over? I only ever posted in this thread because you continued to mock me. Then others joined in. But god forbid I stand up for myself and get a little aggressive, then I'm a "bitch." This shit needs to stop, we're not a bunch of middle schoolers. We're adults with a common interest and we all get bummed when things don't work out how we want them too.

The ONLY reason I posted again in this thread is because you made a snarky comment about how I should email SRC to figure out what is going on because they like me. So I did.

sometimes you guys take things a little too seriously. the thing i said the other day about you emailing them was kind of a playful reference to our misunderstood past. it was a joke and nothing more. you don't have to take offence to everything critical I have to say about SRC and how they handle this shit.

And I did email them.

I've pressed a few records before and I know what kind of things can go wrong with them and how long it takes to get something resolved. They're simply not communicating at all to people who gave them money for a product at a certain time to be released at a certain date. There's no reason they should any record should have a several-month delay aside from the process wasn't as far as it should've been when preorders were posted. 

people fucking jumped down my throat when i called out RJ for his ridiculous delays and lack of communication. yet i was still the whiner. (though thank god there was never an ounce of my being that wanted a blink 182 record). 

I am sure people wouldnt be so quick to jump if this was the first, or second, or even third time something like this happened with SRC. SRC has shown a history of putting up pre-orders months in advance, saying that everything is in place and will probably come out sooner than the date listed. Only for the date to come and go, no update from them for a week and a pushed back date. Rinse and repeat a few more times and you get the item 7 to 8 months from the original time. Not to mention that there excuses dont make sense most of the time (tests are approved....we have an issue with side C of the tests), if they just updated their paying customers with an email when it is pushed back (at least on the release day if not when they find out). It isnt hard to write a form letter and have gmail send it to certain people. Fuck, as a business that is your responsibility.

In closing, who cares though cause they wont be around in 6 years and you will all sell your Starting Line and Cartel records for under what you paid for them.

I'm gonna have to side with dreamover on this one. Businesses need to be called out when they make mistakes or have poor communication...How will they ever improve as a business if their customers always act like all is fine and dandy? Yes, human error does occur and there are things SRC can't control but if they're too busy to send out a simple email update then maybe it's time to hire another customer service employee. Just think, some people who ordered this and don't read these boards still think they're getting this record any day now...and once they don't get their shipping notification email this week, they'll flood SRC's inbox with even more emails!

I'm gonna have to side with dreamover on this one. Businesses need to be called out when they make mistakes or have poor communication...How will they ever improve as a business if their customers always act like all is fine and dandy? Yes, human error does occur and there are things SRC can't control but if they're too busy to send out a simple email update then maybe it's time to hire another customer service employee. Just think, some people who ordered this and don't read these boards still think they're getting this record any day now...and once they don't get their shipping notification email this week, they'll flood SRC's inbox with even more emails!

They know they'll have a hold on their typical market no matter what though, sucks. 

why are you still whining about this?

Sick burn though bruh.

We have sent out an update to everyone. We didnt send it out Tuesday or before release date as for this really should have been resolved by now and we were told we would have a more solid update then we just sent out, every day for the last few weeks. We are waiting on test pressings for the side that had plating issues and are hoping the issue is fixed. As soon as we get those and approve we will provide with a more accurate update. Here is what was sent out:

Thank you for pre ordering the Juliana Theory vinyl from us. We apologize for the delays. We are having a plating issue with our title. We do not have an exact time frame in which this will be fixed but we are working with the pressing plant to fix the issue to get you the best sounding product possible. We take care in all our vinyl titles and this title is a top priority for us. We hope to have a more accurate update soon and are close to a solution. However we have bumped this until a July 15th with hopes to ship earlier.

If you no longer wish to hold onto your pre order please feel free to request a refund. We completely understand that this has taken a LOT longer than expected and once again send our apologies.