SRCVinyl - Juliana Theory Love 2XLP

Yeah, but they signed with T$N, knowing the reputation they had. That's not T$N dicking them.

I'm sure T$N dicked lots of bands, like MXPX, but I didn't know TJT got it. I remember they did want to get out of their contract and that's why those three discs came out.

i'm not saying the christian label thing was how they got dicked around, that is just something i remember. i do remember them complaining about tooth & nail though.

just googling for a minute i came across this as an example:

PopMatters: I have to say that the note from you that appears in the CD booklet to the Music From Another Room EP is one of the strangest things I’ve ever read. To me, it reads almost like an apology to the fans in case the EP wasn’t they were expecting or hoping for. Were you very worried at the time that the group’s fans weren’t going to take to the band’s new direction? 

BD:

We were caught in an odd position when we put out that EP. Our contract with Tooth & Nail was ending at the time and they were trying to milk any release they had [from us] for everything it was worth. They were putting stickers out and stuff on their web site that saidMusic From Another Room was the new record from the Juliana Theory. And that certainly was not the case. It wasn’t written that way. I wrote that note because we felt that the label was misleading people to believe that this was the record we had been working on, and we just wanted to make sure everyone knew that this was just an EP.

If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, but TJT didnt want the greatest hits thing out at all either and asked T&N not to do it and they still went and did it.

T&N has/had weird contracts requiring bands to do EPs, live albums, christmas albums, greatest hits albums, etc.

TJT wanted to get released from their contract as soon as possible which is why all that stuff came out so fast. 

so, does anyone know what plant SRC usually presses with? i have contacts at a few, but i'd love to talk to the plant and see if their bullshit story checks out. 

Because pressing plants really want total randos calling them up under the premise of harassing a paying customer. GENIUS.

Because pressing plants really want total randos calling them up under the premise of harassing a paying customer. GENIUS.

i have contacts at a few pressing plants. if it is being pressed at one of those plants i'd ask my contact if the plant really fucked up the pressing six times like SRC claims. 

also, fuck off, scott. i'm sick of your shit.

i'm not saying the christian label thing was how they got dicked around, that is just something i remember. i do remember them complaining about tooth & nail though.

just googling for a minute i came across this as an example:

PopMatters: I have to say that the note from you that appears in the CD booklet to the Music From Another Room EP is one of the strangest things I’ve ever read. To me, it reads almost like an apology to the fans in case the EP wasn’t they were expecting or hoping for. Were you very worried at the time that the group’s fans weren’t going to take to the band’s new direction? 

BD:

We were caught in an odd position when we put out that EP. Our contract with Tooth & Nail was ending at the time and they were trying to milk any release they had [from us] for everything it was worth. They were putting stickers out and stuff on their web site that saidMusic From Another Room was the new record from the Juliana Theory. And that certainly was not the case. It wasn’t written that way. I wrote that note because we felt that the label was misleading people to believe that this was the record we had been working on, and we just wanted to make sure everyone knew that this was just an EP.

Yep, I was very interested in the inner-workings at the time and recall it all. I should ask Brett when I see him again what was going on. Still, I think ol Brandon Ebel kind of thought TJT could be a big band and I'm guessing he would wanted them as long as they could stay around. The deal was probably not very favorable for the band, like most record deals. 

i have contacts at a few pressing plants. if it is being pressed at one of those plants i'd ask my contact if the plant really fucked up the pressing six times like SRC claims.

That's truly unfortunate, I have so much more shit to give!

I guess hit up your "contacts" then and see if you can get an answer, but I'll tell you that if anyone ever called up a pressing plant I use to ask about why one of my records was delayed and they actually told that person, I would never do business with that pressing plant again because discussing confidential details about a customer's projects would be pretty damn unprofessional.

But go ahead. I'm sure you know what you're doing. You're obviously a very powerful person in the music industry with your inside tracks on Say Anything shows in Chicago and all.

So you are saying that SRC is fabricating false delays just to get money? Is it that hard to believe that the test presses had continual issues? If all or most of their releases had long delays like this one, that would be one thing but they've been pumping out a ton of quality releases in the last 12 months including some shipping earlier than expected (like Weezer)

• 2 weeks later...

but I'll tell you that if anyone ever called up a pressing plant I use to ask about why one of my records was delayed and they actually told that person, I would never do business with that pressing plant again because discussing confidential details about a customer's projects would be pretty damn unprofessional.

If I was a plant that kept getting blamed for fucking up making a record for seven months i'd stop doing business with the label. 

Is it that hard to believe that the test presses had continual issues?

It was believable the first, maybe second time. It wasn't believable the third time, the fourth time, or the time they completely stopped updating anyone and started ignoring emails. Or the time they said it was released back in July and said it's still in stock and keep trying to collect money for them.

So you are saying that SRC is fabricating false delays just to get money? Is it that hard to believe that the test presses had continual issues? If all or most of their releases had long delays like this one, that would be one thing but they've been pumping out a ton of quality releases in the last 12 months including some shipping earlier than expected (like Weezer)

Aww they think this is the first time  SRC has pulled this crap... to be so young and naive to SRC.

Aww they think this is the first time SRC has pulled this crap... to be so young and naive to SRC.

Aww, thanks for making generalizations about what I think. I've ordered from SRC with years and had a few issues here and there. I've also had issues with other labels, kickstarter, retailers, etc.

I talked to Danny in person a month ago and they said they've had the tests redone multiple times hence the delay. Six times to be exact. I highly doubt this is the only release in history to have that many rejected tests.

I'm not defending SRC saying they are perfect but I'm not going to vilify them either.

Aww, thanks for making generalizations about what I think. I've ordered from SRC with years and had a few issues here and there. I've also had issues with other labels, kickstarter, retailers, etc.

I talked to Danny in person a month ago and they said they've had the tests redone multiple times hence the delay. Six times to be exact. I highly doubt this is the only release in history to have that many rejected tests.

I'm not defending SRC saying they are perfect but I'm not going to vilify them either.

I have been buying records for close to 20 years. I have never experienced a missed PO, a label saying something was available when it wasnt, or a retailer giving me issues over a record. I also have never ordered from SRC because they have a history of having all of those issues. I find it hard that SRC keeps having "bad luck" or whatever there excuse is, to me it is just bad business practices.

I challenge you to find another.

It's funny how the only "updates" in the last few months are from people who have heard shit second or third hand from someone at SRC.

Juliana Theory "LOVE" Shipping This Weekend

We have finally received word from the plant that Juliana Theory Love has shipped out to us! They are arriving to our warehouse on Friday. We will be assembling them immediately and shipping them out throughout the weekend. We thank every person who was EVER so patient as for this release has taken way to long to get produced. If you have not yet secured a copy you can do so now here: