SRCVinyl - Juliana Theory Love 2XLP

Good news: According to the SRC page, this did come out on July 15 and they're in stock now! No way they'd fuck that up.

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/The-Juliana-Theory-%252d-Love-2XLP.html

I keep forgetting that I preordered this until someone bumps the thread.

If it's out, then where the hell is my copy?!?!?

• 2 weeks later...

Shooting them an email will probably result in the best response. =\ Last I heard, though, it was pushed back to September.

Still not sure why they can't update the product page. Hopefully no one is ordering this thinking it came out a month ago and is in stock like their site states. 

• 2 weeks later...

I knkw there have been big releases this year and I certainly don't expect business to stop for this...but could we get continual updates on this as it has to be one of the most bizarre delays of all time.

Heck I would take a sentence saying we are shooting for mid October. Just something.

I've seen a couple people say delays happen and we need to get over, but I genuinely would just liked to stay informed about this...especially since I paid for it in January/Feb??? Early this year whenever it was.

Just getting frustrated with the lack of communication on this.

I knkw there have been big releases this year and I certainly don't expect business to stop for this...but could we get continual updates on this as it has to be one of the most bizarre delays of all time.

Heck I would take a sentence saying we are shooting for mid October. Just something.

I've seen a couple people say delays happen and we need to get over, but I genuinely would just liked to stay informed about this...especially since I paid for it in January/Feb??? Early this year whenever it was.

Just getting frustrated with the lack of communication on this.

Far from all time most bizarre delay, Id even wager it isnt close to SRC's own record for delayed time either. Sucks for sure, but not unexpected at all.

It's a shame that this was put on the back-burner since it's a lower-demand product. You know if this was Jimmy Eat World or Mew it wouldn't have taken nearly this long (even with the lacquer issues) and the communication would be much better. After all, it's only a few people that are disappointed. How many people do you think pre-ordered this?...300?...since they didn't even sell out of the limited variant yet.

SRC: In the beginning of July you said you expected the test pressings "in a few weeks". It is now 2 months later...Have you received them yet? How is it coming along? A friendly update of just 1 or 2 sentences would do wonders.

Found on twitter : "last test of tests are being approved then we will rush the pressing. Probably 7-9 weeks is my best estimate! Sorry"

Still not happy, but it's nice to know it should happen in 2014. Maybe they will announce deadbeat sweetheart by the time this comes out...

SRC will NOT be doing Deadbeat. ;-)

Somewhere SRC is probably crossing their fingers hoping this takes so long everybody just cancels their orders so they don't have to press this. They can scream poor test presses for 9 months (or be so silent about this release and whisper on twitter vaguely, or send out the most minimal updates about it, etc... hoping nobody hears anything about it and people just forget they have their $30). Ultimately I think most people assume, myself included, the big reason this thing is taking so long is because the pre-order didn't do well and it's a money pit for SRC and they'll delay it as long as they can.

I stopped by their office a few weeks back and asked them about this. They've had six different test presses come back and continually have issues with them. The most recent one was nearly perfect minus some side D issues. They've switched plants and had to start over.

Well that's odd that they'd say something different to you than what they said on Twitter... I'm not saying you're wrong, but its just making me nervous that they're telling one person they're starting over and another that the tests are almost approved. Ugh.