SRCVinyl - Juliana Theory Love 2XLP

I didn't get a chance to spin this tonight (what's another day after 11 months of waiting), but I did notice the artwork is not all that great quality.

Can someone explain why those matrices are weird?

Probably because of the varying sides of the tests being messed up at different times. 

I have been buying records for close to 20 years. I have never experienced a missed PO, a label saying something was available when it wasnt, or a retailer giving me issues over a record. I also have never ordered from SRC because they have a history of having all of those issues. I find it hard that SRC keeps having "bad luck" or whatever there excuse is, to me it is just bad business practices.

Pressing plants have been insanely backed up all year. My guess is that they do pre-orders to fund the pressings, wait till they get enough pre-orders to place the order (which could be months or whatever) and then send er off to the plant.  Really bad way to do pre-orders. I did one like that like 9 years ago, and it was delayed by like 5 months. Lesson learned thankfully right around when I first started the label. Nowadays you can't even really on waiting till the test pressings are approved to put up pre-orders, I wait till I have the records in my hand.  Doing pre-orders like this is a quick way to ruin a reputation and/or sink a label.  6 rejected test pressings. I've never heard of anyone rejected test's that many times... another good reason to wait till the pressing is in hand before doing pre-orders. Just a glorified kickstarter.

Pressing plants have been insanely backed up all year. My guess is that they do pre-orders to fund the pressings, wait till they get enough pre-orders to place the order (which could be months or whatever) and then send er off to the plant.  Really bad way to do pre-orders. I did one like that like 9 years ago, and it was delayed by like 5 months. Lesson learned thankfully right around when I first started the label. Nowadays you can't even really on waiting till the test pressings are approved to put up pre-orders, I wait till I have the records in my hand.  Doing pre-orders like this is a quick way to ruin a reputation and/or sink a label.  6 rejected test pressings. I've never heard of anyone rejected test's that many times... another good reason to wait till the pressing is in hand before doing pre-orders. Just a glorified kickstarter.

edBQBeJ.gif

No one's listened to it yet? Mine just finally shipped and won't be here til next week.

I think it sounds great. I was worried about the D Side being too long, but it sounds fine. Hearing "The Black Page" on vinyl was amazing. Very happy with this release. As someone mentioned earlier, the artwork does look a little off, a little blurry, but overall it's great.