New Pre-Orders up at Castle Face

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Interesting that they spread it out over 3 sides. 

Yeah, total play off MOV, except at least it's 45rpm. Also helps justify the $$ with the second disc and etching.

1 hour ago, spoon said:

Looks like it may actually have sold out. Before I was still able to add it to my cart when people were carting, now it doesn't give you that option on the drop down menu.

I do agree that the more limited variant is less cool, also they've done the exact same colour for one of the represses of Mind Fuzz right?

Fog bank edition- for that one the better press was the 1st flightless one, which was also the more limited and resembles the murky pattern

Impulsively bought one of the /300 ones and then immediately regretted spending so much. Does anyone know how good Castle Face's customer service is? Sent an email a couple of hours ago asking if I could cancel it but haven't heard anything back yet.

Edited by surfingelectrode

22 minutes ago, surfingelectrode said:

Impulsively bought one of the /300 ones and then immediately regretted spending so much. Does anyone know how good Castle Face's customer service is? Sent an email a couple of hours ago asking if I could cancel it but haven't heard anything back yet.

I just sent you a DM. But will buy it off you if they won't refund it.

10 minutes ago, Andrew_VB said:

it's true that these recent 2LPs have been pretty expensive, but they do a really nice job with the packaging. their stuff used to be fairly cheap, but so were the sleeves. it's nice that they can give these marquee albums solid presentation outside of the vinyl color.

I agree and while $36 is a bit more than I like to spend on an album, Thee Oh Sees are one of those bands I'd like to see do well enough that they continue to make music so I have no qualms about supporting their efforts.  Their concert tickets are usually pretty cheap in my area so I feel like there's a balance in there as well.

Can add to cart, can view in cart, but get a sold out message on PayPal cart. Can go back and refresh page and see that the item is able to be added to cart, can view in refreshed cart, but always get the sold out message on the PayPal page. This is so annoying! Doesn't help I'm basically on a dial-up connection up in the sky. 

Edited by jeromium

Looks like that was a rendering, and the new image is the real deal. I actually like the real version better. But really like the bloodshot one best. Too bad I wasn't able to snag one. They really need a better system that doesn't lock up items in people's carts. Ended up getting the Murky Web.

From FB:

A note about the Bloodshot Eyeball edition - it's a haze color configuration which limits us to 300 pieces maximum per order. It's a dirty process and involves a lot of cleanup in the pressing room, is why they do that. I know 300 pieces is really too few for a record like this so I'll probably do the SAME THING for the repress so don't lose your fucking minds about it, please and thank you. Take note at how awesome the Murky Web edition is and reconsider sending me the email about  please pretty please can I tell you if there's one left after the dust settles because it's 1) difficult or impossible to do that fairly other than just putting more up and saying "go for it" and 2) the paypal meltdown is giving me a headache so could you please just not? 

Your pal, Matt Jones

Edited by spoon