New Pre-Orders up at Castle Face

I think he meant Thee Oh Sees =\ saw them play last week and it gave me a whole new respect for the band. My gf has always loved them  and owns their entire discography, but I've only ever been a casual listener. Holy shit though, John Dwyer is one hell of a showman. They had two drummers, they all played tight as fuck and John's old Space Echo rack unit is so sweet. But yeah, they finally clicked with me, and I'm mad at myself for not taking note sooner! Pumped for the new album :)

Missed out on Thee Oh Sees. I kept seeing the 18th for the release date so I hadn't been paying attention this week.

I'd sign up for the Castleface email list if you haven't already. Questions were being answered on their FB page yesterday and he said the black was gonna be a 10k pressing. He also stated to a member that after all colored pre-orders went out, he'd probably list another 20 or 30. I was able to get a Ty Segall live in San Fran on clear for cost from them because of the email.

I'd sign up for the Castleface email list if you haven't already. Questions were being answered on their FB page yesterday and he said the black was gonna be a 10k pressing. He also stated to a member that after all colored pre-orders went out, he'd probably list another 20 or 30. I was able to get a Ty Segall live in San Fran on clear for cost from them because of the email.

It seems like they keep a few of most variants around to release at a later date. I got my Blood Splatter Floating Coffin and ultra-clear Live White Fence from the emails.

Found this cute convo on FB: 

• Andrew Forrester Will y'all be pressing any more LPs? I'd like to support the label as much as possible by buying from the source.
    Like · Reply · 5 · 5 hrs
    • 10542911_10202638382143031_1178164885964
      Sean K. Stapleton II Keep an eye out/sign up for the mailing list, they generally hold on to some of the copies in case any get damaged in shipping and then put whatever's left up in the shop eventually. It's kind of a slim shot but it IS a shot! Other than that they'll probably repress eventually yeah, or ask yr local shop (just realized you said you wanted to buy from the source making this last part bad advice)
      Like · 4 hrs · Edited
    • 11223812_842684832433358_701468649521009
      Castle Face Records at this point the best support you can give is to preorder from Revolver - once it comes out we'll have some black vinyl for the site too

Translation from CF, "Dude, we just made 27,000 dollars, so we're pretty much good, go here though to satisfy your druggy hobby" also love how Sean is going after that FB CF cred. 

I was speaking of the Giz record, A1records already sold 2, I don't know how he even bought 2... it was limited to 1 per person. 

I bet him and his friends share an eBay account

I believe A1records is the same eBay user as reggiomedia1 and on discogs is the same as user gwierzalis.

Just puttin' that out there.

Translation from CF, "Dude, we just made 27,000 dollars, so we're pretty much good, go here though to satisfy your druggy hobby" also love how Sean is going after that FB CF cred. 

You do realize they didn't "make" $27,000 right?  There is costs that go into making these things.  I am not saying it was a bad sales day or anything, it's just not 100% profit.

You do realize they didn't "make" $27,000 right?  There is costs that go into making these things.  I am not saying it was a bad sales day or anything, it's just not 100% profit.

Lol, please don't take my joke at Sean so seriously. I'm merely pointing at the fact that Sean is playing the noble hero on FB. Forget it I'll go watch some philip seymour and Happiness.

Riddle me this Ben_STL

Why don't you tell me all about the costs that go into these kind of releases? How many do you personally like to buy to put onto Discogs? Do you write about the vinyl records on your blog in hopes that it'll build more interest so that you can buy more to sell for yourself? Tell me all about this process ben_stl! :D My goodness you're a piece of work! One day, you're getting on top of a member, you like to say things that are just, and 'correct' instead of having an actual discussion. Then when someone calls you out on your BS you make up some malarky in hopes of backtracking.Just be consistent is all I'm saying. If you're going to out labels like the Nintendo bootlegger or In The Red when they all politely ask not to publish things out in public, then keep being that guy. Don't all of a sudden get offended when someone throws up some hypothetical, "amount of money made" when you're making money off them too. 

I completely understand why CF has Revolver distributing. CF likes to handle the special orders and a small amount of standard presses. I get it. I totally do. You can rest well in your life knowing this, I hope.

How is selling records going against castle face credibility?

This is a great label run by great people

Wildflange: 

I never said that. All I'm saying is it totally looks like CF is scooting Sean out of their candy store (where the special edition wax is) into the one across the street where they sell something similar (standard black).

If you look at the situation it's pretty funny. The OP missed the pre orders and is asking CF on public comments about it and wants everyone to know that he wants to 'support the source' so he gets his cred in with CF publicly vs like emailing CF about it. Idk I'll shut up about it, dark humor is tiresome when one has to explain it. I left my heart in London, home of dark comedy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...