Vinyl Questions

so i picked up the siren song of the counter culture and the sufferer and the witness by rise against on vinyl today specifically the colored variants, and noticed a consistent lip around the edge of both, none of my other few records have this so I'm wondering if its supposed to be there, if it make any difference they appear to be 180 gram (they are significantly thicker than my other standard weights) but are not marked as so, both are brand new

so i picked up the siren song of the counter culture and the sufferer and the witness by rise against on vinyl today specifically the colored variants, and noticed a consistent lip around the edge of both, none of my other few records have this so I'm wondering if its supposed to be there, if it make any difference they appear to be 180 gram (they are significantly thicker than my other standard weights) but are not marked as so, both are brand new

different vinyl from different plants around the world sometimes look a bit different. i wouldn't worry about it. 

Unless it's affecting playback, I wouldn't worry about it. Like abovetheearth stated, the trimming is off. Unfortunately, I have one like that and it does in fact affect the playability as it was trimmed unevenly and it hits part of my TT when it goes round and round and round. Enjoy them, and have fun!

I think OP means that the outer rim balloons out instead of stays flat. So if you placed the jacket over the record, it would sit up maybe 1mm over the grooves rather than sitting on the grooves directly.

This is extremely common across all kinds of records. My guess is that this is a side effect from a specific brand or model of pressing machine. I actually find the lip preferable; makes grabbing the thing a lot easier.