Post Your Record Storage Area

November 2012, the rekkids have moved out into the living room where they belong. Need to get a shelf to hang the speaker on the wall as we lost an Expidet as a compromise to make them fit.

Also, once the CD shelves arrive, that upper left hand corner will get cleaned out, though I'm not sure what to put there as it's so narrow.

rekkidsnov12.jpg

We moved our giant expedit upstairs so it opened up our living room to our dining room more so now I have this smaller one but it's already filled, luckily we're selling the house in the spring so I can have a whole room dedicated to music

8161652164_a974f48d68_b.jpg

sweet 900! I have the same set up in my room except it's a 5150 and a vintage sunburst sg standard! always wanted an 800-900 :)

great place for those pumpkin boxes. where'd you get that shelf?

also, is that a siamese singles in with your 7"s? thats one of my favorite pieces in my sp collection.

The shelf is a Besta from Ikea. I like it better than the Expidet because it has a back. Obnoxiously, I bought this color because it was new at the time and was told that it was going to be around for a while, and less than six months later it was gone so I can't match it anymore. Black/brown is close but not quite there.

That is indeed 'Siamese Singles' - bought it back in '95 or '96 for either $75 or $100, which was the going rate at the time. It seemed insane to the 16 year old me and it hasn't really held its value, but it's remained one of my favorite pieces. (If I could only find a peach "Rocket" to complete the main 7" set...)

• jhulud locked this topic