Post Your Record Storage Area

Just bought a 2x4 at the Dallas IKEA this weekend. Having my girlfriend's dad drive it down when he comes here next month. We flew there so it would have been impossible to bring back.

Also, the 2x4 box is bigger and heavier than I ever imagined it would be.

i had to carry a 2x4 up a flight of stairs......

and by carry i mean, anyone watching me at the time must have thought it was the funniest fucking thing they have ever seen. 

I amazed that someone took a picture of 4 records in a crate and posted it as their storage

Seems like one of the reddit people who post their collection and their purchases when they have 4 records total and than disappear

There's actually 9, with 4 in the mail and 4 pre ordered  I'm new to collecting so cut me some slack.

I really enjoy this topic! Even with the overdose of all that Ikea -though I gotta admit expedits really seem to do the trick. Beside that I've def got some ideas and inspiration how to store my little but growing collection. Hoping to contribute to this topic one day if I dare.

On a similar but different note to spacers:

For those with Expedits, what (if anything) do you use to backstop your records in the shelves? I'm sick of pushing a bunch of records way back into the shelf every time I put a record back in its place.

No personal experience but I've read a tip that using weather strip could do the trick. Must be one of the easiest/cheapest solutions really if truly works. Anyone tried?

i think the "lack hack" is referring to taking two lack tables (pictured below) and stacking one on top of the other to create a shelf. putting, say, the receiver on the bottom table and the turntable on top.

See here for an example of a "lack stack hack" I did once. That is actually three lack side tables, using the legs from only two.

The magic now happens HERE! Behold my majestic photography skills!

Photoon2013-02-18at1135.jpg

Photoon2013-02-18at11362.jpg

Everyone starts somewhere, and while I started as a lowly wormy caterpillar, I have blossomed into the most mediocre of butterflies!

My setup and storage area at the moment, going to be hard casing my TT's up soon and the mixer and putting them into storage and replacing them with a vintage TT possibly a Marantz 6350Q but we'll see.

Have you used a 6350Q before? If you're after that specific model... I'd like to know why. I wasn't impressed with it at all.

My uncle has one, I've used it a few time's and yes I like it, only thing is I think it's one of those TT's that you have to get the setup of it spot on to get the best out of it, although I have to say I'm fully open to other recommendations, I've also looked at new amps/receivers along the lines of the Marantz 4230 and a Quad 33/FM3/303 systems.

• jhulud locked this topic