Post Your Record Storage Area

I went the Ikea route, but chose Besta instead of Expedit. I just added the top shelf for my expanding collection. Hopefully this lasts a little while because Ikea discontinued this particular color.

Ikea_Besta.jpg

and thus begins a new trend. 

kudos for something different than expedit. (though i wouldn't use anything else)

I liked the Besta because it was more configurable. I've still got to sort out my 7" situation and I have two drawers for the bottom that I need to install. Overall, it's worked out good so far.

I posted my Besta back earlier in the thread - I prefer it because it has the back and, as you say, has more configuration options.

When I bought it I went with a brand new color they were just rolling out - I forget what it was called, but it's like a cherry but not nearly as red - figuring it would be around for a while and I could upgrade as needed. Unfortunately since that one trip about five years ago, they never rolled out the rest of the collection and have stopped stocking even what they had. Stupid Ikea.

I've started to spill over into an Expidet that I was using for random stuff in my old house, but I don't like it nearly as much.

Been Working on a collection for a couple years now. I wanted a record collection as far back as high school but the funds weren'r there. Collecting records is kind of an odd thing for someone to be into around here. A trip to the record store is a special occasion as it requires me to leave town. I do a lot of online ordering.

A2uelbww.jpg

And more of my storage area/collection

20jnv4l.jpg

Thats what I thought too, but my local store told me the color was discontinued. The last time I was at the store, there was no stock of any besta product in that color, but I just checked online and they definitely have stock now. Who knows what is really going on.

I think they've more or less completely eliminated the birch color from their offerings at this point.

• jhulud locked this topic