Post Your Record Storage Area

Im looking into expanding on my storage space and Carrefour.es has a 4x4 cube/expidit unit for like 89e shipped. A good price, but its a little on the large side. So i looked at buildings some shelves online and i found this custom DIY job. The guys has put up measurements and instructions. It awsome. I didnt look to see if this had already been posted... if so i apologise. But i dont follow this thread.

edit: check out the beer bottle holder. Genius!!

Here is my record storage area until I move - didn't even have to take a photo, our realtor provided me with it haha. I can't wait to move - I set this up here for show more so since I'm going to have to pack it all up soon anyway, but being able to play my shit at full volume in my next home (a non townhouse this time) will make it worth it. Plus I just fixed my Wurlitzer Jukebox my parents handed down to me for the new house as well. 

picture-uh=7b37af96c36425c656bbefadc2861

Here is my record storage area until I move - didn't even have to take a photo, our realtor provided me with it haha. I can't wait to move - I set this up here for show more so since I'm going to have to pack it all up soon anyway, but being able to play my shit at full volume in my next home (a non townhouse this time) will make it worth it. Plus I just fixed my Wurlitzer Jukebox my parents handed down to me for the new house as well. 

picture-uh=7b37af96c36425c656bbefadc2861

he have the same bass....so thats neat.

Nice! What amp are you playing through? My Orange ad200 w/ Orange 410 is in the closet to the left of where that photo is taken

i was in a car accident a little while back and the guys insurance company gave me a check for WAY more than my car was worth. so after a new car i got myself a fender 215 cab with a bassman tube head.  

Kriss posted a link for the tape rack, and I snagged a couple:

http://www.kingdom.com/100-Capacity-Wooden-Cassette-Rack-Unfinished-p/lw100.htm

If you are patient, these can be found in thrift stores from time to time. I have three of them and haven't spent more than $4 on one.

I'm in need of a couple more though and haven't found any lately. I refuse to spend more than a few bucks on a cassette rack.

If you are patient, these can be found in thrift stores from time to time. I have three of them and haven't spent more than $4 on one.

I'm in need of a couple more though and haven't found any lately. I refuse to spend more than a few bucks on a cassette rack.

This for sure. I see em quite a bit at Thrift Shops and Goodwills here in Sacramento. 

I think it depends on area. In a city like Chicago - and especially in the neighborhoods around me - tons of folks collect cassettes, so I doubt racks sit out for more than a couple of hours before getting snatched up; definitely makes it worth springing 20 than daily thrifting, you know? hahah. In less dense areas, I could see it being easier...

Just added LEDs to my main Expedit. Gonna add some for the 7"s later in the week.

S0edQSll.jpg
tCNShZJl.jpg

Which LED's did you fit in there?  I would love to do this with mine, but I need the LEDs to have a soft spread of light instead of a concentrated spot brightness...if you catch my drift.  If you look at the lights from an under angle, do they bother your eyes?

• jhulud locked this topic