Post Your Record Storage Area

tumblr_mm8h2j7KCl1s5x9u2o1_500.jpg

I have one.  I haven't moved it since I got it.  The plus side over the expedit is that it has a back and it's a cheap alternative.  I don't know how sturdy it'd be if you stacked it when you ran out of room in the first one.  It's served me well.  I'm getting a 2x4 expedit or building a shelf soon.  Oh and getting a new table as well haha.

Thanks for the help sfish521! It looks like the records fit well in them (no outside overhang) is that true? Is the depth more than 12"s?

Yes, it gives the dimensions online. The cubes are roughly 15"x15"x15"

These things are reeeeeally flimsy, FYI. If you try to move them or stack them or anything, they're going to basically fall apart. They're hard to recommend over the nearly identical (but FAR sturdier) Expedit of the same size. I think the Expedit might even be cheaper.

Thanks for the help sfish521! It looks like the records fit well in them (no outside overhang) is that true? Is the depth more than 12"s?

About 2-2.5 inches.

Yes, it gives the dimensions online. The cubes are roughly 15"x15"x15"

These things are reeeeeally flimsy, FYI. If you try to move them or stack them or anything, they're going to basically fall apart. They're hard to recommend over the nearly identical (but FAR sturdier) Expedit of the same size. I think the Expedit might even be cheaper.

I put brackets on each of the corners of mine just to be safe.  I don't trust any store bought/mass produced furniture without a little bit of extra to protect my stuff.

Moved yesterday, set everything up today.

Posting mobile, because no Internet.

Hope this works.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/uncreative_name/A5486611-3278-4C44-85C9-F88FE30D010F-668-0000004DDBB23E2D_zpsad61f7a4.jpg

Everything's pretty much the same as my last place, only reversed for the fun of it.

Can anybody tell me if this storage from Amazon is any good?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000O1APF0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1369139238&sr=8-2π=SL75

I looked on Ikea but could not find one like this. Right now this is all I would need...

IKEA does carry a 2x1 Expedit, but for some reason, they're not listed online. I've seen them in-store, or at least in the Atlanta store. If I remember correctly, they're $29.99 or somewhere close to that number.

ebd6387eb39e11e2a7d422000a9e0846_7.jpg

finally reorganized a couple weeks ago. i picked up a crate which was beyond necessary.. we had about 20-25 records just lined up on the floor because we were completely out of room.

and it's amazing how much better it looks having just turned each crate sideways.

tumblr_mnfsl1qi1l1s5x9u2o1_500.jpg

Finally upgraded.  Just set these up tonight.

Very nice looking. However, wouldn't it be more secure to have the 4x2 standing upright with the 2x2 on the floor? Same configuration, just easier to anchor (if you wish to do so). It's been a while since I set up my 4x2 but I think it's supposed to support its load in that position anyway.

Very nice looking. However, wouldn't it be more secure to have the 4x2 standing upright with the 2x2 on the floor? Same configuration, just easier to anchor (if you wish to do so). It's been a while since I set up my 4x2 but I think it's supposed to support its load in that position anyway.

Looks like legs have been installed on the 4x2 though. 

What equiment is that on the expedit? Nice setup by the way

Thanks! Right now I have:

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Shure m97xe cartridge

Marantz PM5004 integrated amplifier

Sony CDP-C30 5 CD changer

Sony SS-U620AV floorstanding speakers (not pictured)

It's modest but it suits me very well for now.  Next will definitely be a speaker upgrade

Thanks! Right now I have:

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Shure m97xe cartridge

Marantz PM5004 integrated amplifier

Sony CDP-C30 5 CD changer

Sony SS-U620AV floorstanding speakers (not pictured)

It's modest but it suits me very well for now.  Next will definitely be a speaker upgrade

I myself will be getting Pro-ject debut carbon and Marantz pm5004, how are you liking the combination of the two?

also, could the pro-ject and Marantz fit on top of a 2x2 expedit?

• jhulud locked this topic