Post Your Record Storage Area

Here is my unit as of today. I will be purchasing another 4x4 as well as a 2x4 within the next month. I realize that my tt, receiver, speaker set up is completely wrong at the moment. I used to use a Crosley as my main tt, so these are a step up for sure. I'm using the Hitachi HT-40S TT and JVC RX-558V receiver currently until i get a preamp for my Marantz 6150 on the left speaker. I'll post an updated pic when I get the new units. Also, I need a large cd unit. Can someone suggest one that could hold up to 2000 easily? I haven't found anything that I like as of yet. Thanks.

4ZzAhTa.jpg

Forget the large cd unit, rip that shiz to FLAC (or some other lossless format) and put it all on a NAS. Then get a receiver with an Ethernet connection. You'll never have to touch a disc again. And you can access it all almost instantly. Then put all those CDs in the garage or attic.

Forget the large cd unit, rip that shiz to FLAC (or some other lossless format) and put it all on a NAS. Then get a receiver with an Ethernet connection. You'll never have to touch a disc again. And you can access it all almost instantly. Then put all those CDs in the garage or attic.

i have most of it on my hard drive at the moment. i still like to collect cd's though. we dont have any legit record stores here so cd's are still easy to find and at decent prices. one day i might make the change, but i doubt it.

Can you explain this a little more? I have an external HD I ripped a bunch of CDs to (as .wav, not flac), is there a way to tie this into a NAS? I don't know shit about this, but putting CDs into storage sounds like a great idea.

Can you explain this a little more? I have an external HD I ripped a bunch of CDs to (as .wav, not flac), is there a way to tie this into a NAS? I don't know shit about this, but putting CDs into storage sounds like a great idea.

NAS is basically server storage. Set it up, it works off your wifi, access it from multiple computers, etc. Could even set up a cheapo dummy computer specifically for music alone.

Here is my unit as of today. I will be purchasing another 4x4 as well as a 2x4 within the next month. I realize that my tt, receiver, speaker set up is completely wrong at the moment. I used to use a Crosley as my main tt, so these are a step up for sure. I'm using the Hitachi HT-40S TT and JVC RX-558V receiver currently until i get a preamp for my Marantz 6150 on the left speaker. I'll post an updated pic when I get the new units. Also, I need a large cd unit. Can someone suggest one that could hold up to 2000 easily? I haven't found anything that I like as of yet. Thanks.

4ZzAhTa.jpg

sudden-clarity.gif

AJXD, where are you?

Haha. I'm sure my hand will get slapped hard for my current setup. It will only be like this for another month or so

smdh.gif

I just moved into a room in my buddy's house. I had to downsize the collection due to space issues. (I used to have three 2x4 expedits. And now the rest of my collection is in storage.) But here's the current setup. I also have a 2x2 Expedit in the closet.

room_zps30980207.jpg

Hell I'd love to have my TT in my bedroom.  This is a cool setup.

if anyone's into crates i've been eyeing these since I saw them in my local store.  colorado made, really beautiful, but expensive-ish.

long_cherry_web.jpgmichaels_digs1.jpg

once i can find a place in my apartment i hope for it to look a bit like this ^^

http://coloradorecordcrates.com/shop/

I love Colorado Crates but not the price tag.  They were around 30 bucks last time I was at Twist and Shout in Denver.

• jhulud locked this topic