Post Your Record Storage Area

Posted this in the "DEAL FOUND carbon" thread. But I'll post it here too since I think there will be some interest:

Loving the debut carbon so far.

And I actually really like having to manually change the belt. It's more hands on and that's one thing I love about records.

I also found a cool little box at walmart to keep my 45 adapters, record brushes and cleaning solution, and various other records things in.

75CF775C-E703-4984-830B-1738A475E477_zps

If any of you are interested it's in the office supplies section and only $5. It's got two drawers and a compartment on top that opens up. It's perfect for what I use it for

That looks awesome. I'm super jealous of all those boxsets. Awesome collection.

Thanks dude! There are a couple more that don't fit on my shelf... Haha

And yeah they're 45 adapters. One is for jolly Ronnie one is for Clearview. They're made out of machined aluminum.

"The Longest Line with El Hefe Trying to Sing Like Fat Mike," great song! Also - do you know of a place where I could get 45 adapters like that? I don't really like the yellow plastic ones too much. EDIT: Duh, realized I could get them from Jolly Ronnie Records. Will definitely grab one!

Here's my storage solution - no NOFX boxsets ... yet!  B) It's kind of hard to see, but that's just a shoebox with my 7"s on the bottom shelf. I need a more permanent storage solution for those.

S3SRd03.jpg

Thanks to Victimofadriveby for that copy of S&M Airlines. Fantastic, underrated album. 

Posted this in the "DEAL FOUND carbon" thread. But I'll post it here too since I think there will be some interest:

Loving the debut carbon so far.

And I actually really like having to manually change the belt. It's more hands on and that's one thing I love about records.

I also found a cool little box at walmart to keep my 45 adapters, record brushes and cleaning solution, and various other records things in.

75CF775C-E703-4984-830B-1738A475E477_zps

If any of you are interested it's in the office supplies section and only $5. It's got two drawers and a compartment on top that opens up. It's perfect for what I use it for

Hey Perma...what's that Ghoul piece behind your TT.

Is that something that's going to make me fly into a jealous rage?

where do you guys get frames for your posters and such

I have a ton of El Jefe Design posters (The Gaslight Anthem, Dave Hause, etc) and the older ones are 19x25 which made it hard to find frames. IKEA has several series of frames that are slightly larger (inner dimensions of 19.75x25 which gives room for a nice border/background. They're affordable as well. The cheapest ones are horrid but the next ones up are great and look nice up on the wall. 

As for show or promo posters that are 11x17, Walmart makes some good ones with real glass. The ones from Michael's were twice the price and very cheap plastic. 

8a8f34a6609811e389ec12abeb9452dc_8_zps20

1feaf25c5c9711e3813a1234f157b7e9_8_zpsb6

8449c46a6e5f11e3ad46124c1a234ad5_8_zpsc4

I have a ton of El Jefe Design posters (The Gaslight Anthem, Dave Hause, etc) and the older ones are 19x25 which made it hard to find frames. IKEA has several series of frames that are slightly larger (inner dimensions of 19.75x25 which gives room for a nice border/background. They're affordable as well. The cheapest ones are horrid but the next ones up are great and look nice up on the wall. 

As for show or promo posters that are 11x17, Walmart makes some good ones with real glass. The ones from Michael's were twice the price and very cheap plastic. 

I wish my Walmart had some 11x17 frames... I need one big time.

I wish my Walmart had some 11x17 frames... I need one big time.

They haven't had them as readily as they used to but here they are online. However, their website prices are more than store prices. These are usually $3.98 each so I'm not sure why they average out to $4.99 when you buy in a bundle.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Picture-Frame-with-Glass-Set-of-3-11-x-17/10404231

• jhulud locked this topic