Post Your Record Storage Area

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to ditch my expedits and build or buy record store style shelves.

Same.  My biggest pet peeve with the plans online for these is the bottom shelves.  I don't want that. When I build them, mine will be closed on the bottom.  I don't need to be crawling on the ground to look through my records.

Babyproofed my music room.

Before/After:

Moved my table to the top of the shelf.

Anchored shelves.

Took the one speaker off of the stand.

Moved one of the 4x2 to the other ide of the room because he needs more "toy" room or something.

This setup will last another few weeks until he is pulling himself up....

49943A7E-49EE-43CD-B013-79B8B0C3D8A2_zps
8D96B3FD-7EE2-42F8-A44A-F6E09CCA754C_zps

Babyproofed my music room.

Before/After:

Moved my table to the top of the shelf.

Anchored shelves.

Took the one speaker off of the stand.

Moved one of the 4x2 to the other ide of the room because he needs more "toy" room or something.

This setup will last another few weeks until he is pulling himself up....

Are you fine with your turntable that high? I used to have mine on top of a shelf roughly that height, and it was kind of an awkward height to be placing records on. I guess I didn't like reaching up (I'm ~5' 9", so it was about shoulder height).

Same. My biggest pet peeve with the plans online for these is the bottom shelves. I don't want that. When I build them, mine will be closed on the bottom. I don't need to be crawling on the ground to look through my records.

Same. That's my biggest issue too. Surely it can't be too hard to make it without it

Are you fine with your turntable that high? I used to have mine on top of a shelf roughly that height, and it was kind of an awkward height to be placing records on. I guess I didn't like reaching up (I'm ~5' 9", so it was about shoulder height).

It's not too bad. The location is a little more bothersome than the height (I'm 6'), but I'm adjusting and I really don't have any other places to keep the table out of his reach. 

Having some weight in the shelves helps with any vibration issues too. 

• jhulud locked this topic