Post Your Record Storage Area

CzdFtWq.jpg?1

OXseBs8.jpg

i know i know, it's a crosly... I'm pretty new to record collecting (two months). It sounds/look good so im happy with my set up for now

Pre-emptively putting yourself down won't stop dicks from being dicks.  Skip the self-deprecation and be happy with & proud of what you've put together in 2 months.  Executing a nice, clean, cohesive room design takes some skill and effort.  Having UPS ship you records and buying a nice turntable is the easy part.  :)

Pre-emptively putting yourself down won't stop dicks from being dicks.  Skip the self-deprecation and be happy with & proud of what you've put together in 2 months.  Executing a nice, clean, cohesive room design takes some skill and effort.  Having UPS ship you records and buying a nice turntable is the easy part.  :)

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Also don't lie to this person there is nothing easy about shipping records through the mail. The first time they get a seam split it will break their heart.

Thank you. Yeah I am pretty new to collecting. For now, I like what I've got. My girlfriend and I put this area together after she bought me the record player for my birthday at the end of march. For now, I think this record player was a very nice gift and is a good one to start with while we listen to music in our living room over dinner or morning coffee. 

Thank you. Yeah I am pretty new to collecting. For now, I like what I've got. My girlfriend and I put this area together after she bought me the record player for my birthday at the end of march. For now, I think this record player was a very nice gift and is a good one to start with while we listen to music in our living room over dinner or morning coffee. 

if my girlfriend bought me a crosley, I'd play the shit out of it. that's thoughtful of her. 

Please be nice, I know Crosley's are terrible. I got it for Christmas from my parents like 4-5 years ago when all I had was five records.
I've been on the look out for the longest trying to find a replacement but I honestly have a tough time finding one.
I posted in the turntable section with questions about brands I found at resale shops and they all seemed bad to me.
If anyone can link to at least a cheap, but still better turntable to use, I'd be thankful. (Of course I would upgrade again in a few more years when I don't live at home and have a better income.)

tumblr_n6hbl9OafF1qj2frvo1_500.jpg

Also, I actually have an entertainment center now so here's this:

tumblr_n6hbmt6xFO1qj2frvo1_500.jpg

All snide remarks aside, it doesn't make any sense to keep buying/playing records on a Crosley if you have the knowledge that we (as VC forum readers/users) have.

Yes, a "better" table is more "expensive" but think of all the money you spent on your records. Your photos are showing hundreds of LPs. At a bargain price of $10 each, that is $1K-2K that you are literally RUINING. Just throwing it in the toilet.

Simply don't buy a few records and put that cash toward a new table. You can find dozens of great deals on Craiglist every time you choose to check. Also, yard sale season is upon us; lots of great stuff if you hunt!

You don't have to be an audiophile to care...you just need to care about now wanting to ruin the things that you've spent lots and lots of money on.

If your system requires some sort of external amplification and separate speaker components, you're going to be galaxies ahead of your current setup. You'll need to buy a few separate pieces to really make it work, but it will protect your investment.

Spend some time on the Turntables & Other Audio portion of VC. 100% less Blink 182 threads, but many questions are answered therein with great specificity to brands and such.

• jhulud locked this topic