Post Your Record Storage Area

Right now I know my storage isn't great at all but I found a couple milk crates in my house. Should those be fine to use until I can get a proper set-up?

Edit: Just tried using one and they don't fit... I've been told by others that they would but I guess not. Anyone have other cheap storage suggestions?

hahaha, that cat + hat completes the room.  well done, sir.  Also bonus points for displaying New Plastic Ideas.

Unwound is definitely a staple in my house! Just ready for Numbero to finish the represses, ya know???

@Jesus, you can never go wrong with so cinder blocks and wood ala Rob Gordon. 

Right now I know my storage isn't great at all but I found a couple milk crates in my house. Should those be fine to use until I can get a proper set-up?

Edit: Just tried using one and they don't fit... I've been told by others that they would but I guess not. Anyone have other cheap storage suggestions?

Yeah. I was pretty upset when I found out that records don't fit in milk crates. People always act like they do. Oh well, I stole mine from the back of a local grocery store.

Just as long as there are no crosleys lol. I joke I joke. That was what I started on so I can't judge too much

One bit of advice is to space the speakers out to create a triangle with you as the center point. It'll make your experience better and provide a better soundstage. That and raising them up if possible so that the tweeters of the speakers are even with your ears will change your sound immensely.

One bit of advice is to space the speakers out to create a triangle with you as the center point. It'll make your experience better and provide a better soundstage. That and raising them up if possible so that the tweeters of the speakers are even with your ears will change your sound immensely.

I have wondered about the speakers after seeing everyone's setup. I'll definitely see what I can do to situate it better. I'm a little worried about raising them up because my dog is always running into things but I'll see if I can figure something out

• jhulud locked this topic