Post Your Record Storage Area

if you're really interested in getting the full experience from your records, you'll need about $$600~$1,000, which is just 33 $30 records.

I know I'm a little late to this...but just who exactly the fuck is buying that many $30 LPs in any reasonably short amount of time?

Answer: Someone who is "part of the problem," as far as record pricing, that's who.

I've got a reasonable set up, but let's get real for a minute. Say I save $1000 from work beyond what I normally put in my savings.

Is my wife going to JUST STRAIGHT UP MURDER ME if I spend it all on "stupid fucking audio equipment?" Yes.

If I blow $3-400 on a new turntable when I have a perfectly serviceable MCS table at home (which I picked up for free in the first place and sounds fine to me), will she be pissed at me? Yyyyyyup.

If I spend a little here and there on records she gives shit because "don't you have enough records yet?" But she doesn't throw a fit.

People have their reasons for what they play their collection on, and giving them all kinds of crap in every thread isn't going to change that.

We all get it, Crosleys are shit and people occasionally need to be reminded, but if I'm not going out and blowing $1000 on shit I don't need, why the fuck should anyone else care? I don't plan on ever selling anyone else any of my records that are in regular rotation, and if I do sell something it's because it hasn't been played very often on my "sub-par" system anyway.

Besides, the more shitty pop-punk ultra-limited super rare colored variants with the band's semen pressed into the vinyl that get ruined, the more your "pristine" copy is worth until you get drunk and bump the needle across it and just scratch the shit out of it anyway.

Edit: please pardon any grammar/spelling mistakes. I'm on mobile tonight. :/

My setup cost me about $300 total not counting stylus replacements. That's me getting lucky though B)

As I've said, mine is nothing really special, vintage MCS speakers, don't even remember what kind of receiver, MCS table. Spent probably $75 on it tops thanks to taking my time and thrifting. Some day I'll upgrade when I come across a steal on a vintage Marantz integrated amp or something, and eventually I'll upgrade my TT. But as it stands I see no reason until I get some stellar deals.

I am a bloke, and not a DJ. Though wannabe DJ is probably accurate. ;)

I've been buying vinyl for 26 years, and though my taste started off with Indie/ShoeGaze I went into the greats (Led Zep, Beatles, Who, Velvets) then got into dance music a lot more in the mid 90s. So there are loads of trance/house/techno records here. I have some 1210s but couldn't dedicate enough time to DJing. My girlfriend started and got better than me in about 1 hour. Grrrr.

Not sure on what it cost to build these, as my girlfriend organised it when we moved in. I will check though to give you an idea at least. The strange thing is, when we moved in, these were built, and I remember saying 'I'll never fill this up' :/

I am a bloke, and not a DJ. Though wannabe DJ is probably accurate. ;)

I've been buying vinyl for 26 years, and though my taste started off with Indie/ShoeGaze I went into the greats (Led Zep, Beatles, Who, Velvets) then got into dance music a lot more in the mid 90s. So there are loads of trance/house/techno records here. I have some 1210s but couldn't dedicate enough time to DJing. My girlfriend started and got better than me in about 1 hour. Grrrr.

Not sure on what it cost to build these, as my girlfriend organised it when we moved in. I will check though to give you an idea at least. The strange thing is, when we moved in, these were built, and I remember saying 'I'll never fill this up' :/

I saw pink, assumed a girl. Sorry. 

I've been debating trying to turn a bedroom in my house to a guest bedroom / music room.  I thought I could turn the closet into a record storage setup.  Basically building the shelving into the closet.  Curious is I could figure out how to make it work but it's on my list of things I want to do when  I move in.

I've been debating trying to turn a bedroom in my house to a guest bedroom / music room.  I thought I could turn the closet into a record storage setup.  Basically building the shelving into the closet.  Curious is I could figure out how to make it work but it's on my list of things I want to do when  I move in.

I have an Expedit in my closet.  If I owned the place, I'd go for a more permanent solution.  It works though.

photo_zps7e587972.jpg
Hey look! First time poster but... Generic shelving, but ultimately is an excuse to show off other toys (in this instance i wanted to show off my dog and guitar)

So. Am I in? Am I cool enough to post now?

(oh I forgot, Crosleys are the devil and 1 spin will RUIN YOUR ENTIRE COLLECTION)

Ok, now am I in?

photo_zps7e587972.jpg

Hey look! First time poster but... Generic shelving, but ultimately is an excuse to show off other toys (in this instance i wanted to show off my dog and guitar)

(oh I forgot, Crosleys are the devil and 1 spin will RUIN YOUR ENTIRE COLLECTION)

Ok, now am I in?

I think you just became my new best friend.

photo_zps7e587972.jpg

Ok, now am I in?

You are obviously a long time lurker.

photo_zps7e587972.jpg

Ok, now am I in?

my boxer would like to be pals with yours

• jhulud locked this topic