Post Your Record Storage Area

photo_zps7e587972.jpg

Hey look! First time poster but... Generic shelving, but ultimately is an excuse to show off other toys (in this instance i wanted to show off my dog and guitar)

So. Am I in? Am I cool enough to post now?

(oh I forgot, Crosleys are the devil and 1 spin will RUIN YOUR ENTIRE COLLECTION)

Ok, now am I in?

Kallax or Expedit?

photo_zps7e587972.jpg

Hey look! First time poster but... Generic shelving, but ultimately is an excuse to show off other toys (in this instance i wanted to show off my dog and guitar)

(oh I forgot, Crosleys are the devil and 1 spin will RUIN YOUR ENTIRE COLLECTION)

Ok, now am I in?

Great looking collection, love the color of your guitar. Also bonus points for being a 757 native, I'm a Portsmouth resident myself.  

Great looking collection, love the color of your guitar. Also bonus points for being a 757 native, I'm a Portsmouth resident myself.  

Born and raised there my friend! Currently reside in Norfolk. Vinyl party sometime? I think so! There are a few other guys (read: one that I know of) around here. Vinyl Daze is my mainstay, Skinnies if I'm desperate.

Here's a pic of the storage that I build a couple nights ago. Nothing fancy but it does the job and really provides some breathing room for my main storage! For now I'm using the bottom section for empty record mailers...but I'm sure that it will eventually be filled with records too.

IMG_20140909_221840_2_zpsa3c16665.jpg

2_zpsd50498ad.jpg

3_zpse0775c64.jpg

I actually used a 5/8" instead of 3/4" (felt that it would be strong enough...and was $5 less! LOL)

And yes, all out of 1 sheet of 4x8.

For the light I'm simply using a LED "push button" light. $5.99 at Home Depot. It's about 6" long and has 5 lights on it.

It works with battery. I didn't want to have something that needed to be plugged in.

Wasn't too expensive and does the job really well. 

I actually used a 5/8" instead of 3/4" (felt that it would be strong enough...and was $5 less! LOL)

For the light I'm simply using a LED "push button" light. $5.99 at Home Depot. It's about 6" long and has 5 lights on it.

It works with battery. I didn't want to have something that needed to be plugged in.

Looks great, everything.

That's a great idea for the light, I'll have to look into that, thanks!

photo_zps7e587972.jpg

Ok, now am I in?

what's the press info on the pup

Here's a pic of the storage that I build a couple nights ago. Nothing fancy but it does the job and really provides some breathing room for my main storage! For now I'm using the bottom section for empty record mailers...but I'm sure that it will eventually be filled with records too.

2_zpsd50498ad.jpg

3_zpse0775c64.jpg

looking sharp!

2_zpsd50498ad.jpg

3_zpse0775c64.jpg

Wow you did a great job

• jhulud locked this topic