Post Your Record Storage Area

Just moved in a little under a month ago. Wish I had a little more room, but it gets the job done for a small one bedroom Seattle apartment.

I still need to start hanging screen prints.

How do you like this set-up? I have the mmf 2.2 and I'm looking into getting a proper phono stage and upgrade my Fiio DAC/amp combo. I want something that can interchange between my computer and turntable. Any hope? 

I know the Furutech ADL GT40 can do what I want - but it's difficult to find any credible info on it, and no local shops carry it so I can't hear it for myself before dropping $500. 

A1auw12.jpg

Smallish collection so had to fill in the gaps with outward facing ones. Happy how it's turned out though!

what kind of light strips are those? I loaded my IKEA expedit cabinets with IKEA dioder lights but it took 8 sets. I'm Adding g a huge 8x8 next and wanted to find a cheaper way to light it and these look nice...that ks

what kind of light strips are those? I loaded my IKEA expedit cabinets with IKEA dioder lights but it took 8 sets. I'm Adding g a huge 8x8 next and wanted to find a cheaper way to light it and these look nice...that ks

http://www.lightingever.co.uk/rgb-led-strip-non-waterproof.html?gclid=COrO2Nnf98ECFW_JtAodUDwA8g

These are the ones. They look so much better in person than the photo too. 

Comes with a remote so I can have it at 26 different colours, flashing, dimming etc etc.

It's all a bit over the top, but if you're going to do it you might as well do it right.

http://www.lightingever.co.uk/rgb-led-strip-non-waterproof.html?gclid=COrO2Nnf98ECFW_JtAodUDwA8g

These are the ones. They look so much better in person than the photo too.

Comes with a remote so I can have it at 26 different colours, flashing, dimming etc etc.

It's all a bit over the top, but if you're going to do it you might as well do it right.

thanks! Much easier to run than all those damn dioder cables from IKEA and much cheaper.

My 30 week old collection. Think I'm around 200+ records. Managed to get a decent setup with a TECHNICS SL-1200MK2

that I picked up at a garage sale pretty cheap, and an harman kardon receiver. Still feel like it's messy with the expedit, but everyone elses looks good. (sorry for the dark picture)lzBL43.jpg

You bought over 200 records in just 30 weeks?! I wish I had that much money to buy with records.

How do you like this set-up? I have the mmf 2.2 and I'm looking into getting a proper phono stage and upgrade my Fiio DAC/amp combo. I want something that can interchange between my computer and turntable. Any hope? 

I know the Furutech ADL GT40 can do what I want - but it's difficult to find any credible info on it, and no local shops carry it so I can't hear it for myself before dropping $500. 

I absolutely love it. The mmf 2.2 is a wonder. I like my Schiit components cause they are marvelous and I don't need to portable amp since the dx50 is great without one.

The GT40 is a little pricey in my opinion. I would suggest checking out some Schiit stuff. They are very fairly priced are all great. Plus you can usually get the last model for cheap off someone on headfi.

I've posted my storage room before, but we had some storm damage this spring, so I've spent the better part of the summer and fall remodeling our basement and have since moved my records to a different room.  I've left some open spaces on the walls for stuff I still need to get framed.  Every poster except the Mastodon and Metallica from 1986 are from shows I've been to. 

Marantz 2245
Technics SL-1950 w/ Grado Red

Paradigm 5SE-MKII

20141116_094233_zps7f2179c7.jpg

20141116_094247_zpsa424c541.jpg

20141116_094255_zps85b8556c.jpg

20141116_094523_zpsf53c0d0d.jpg

20141116_094419_zps79e9fbdf.jpg

20141116_094355_zps8cfd76d1.jpg

I've posted my storage room before, but we had some storm damage this spring, so I've spent the better part of the summer and fall remodeling our basement and have since moved my records to a different room.  I've left some open spaces on the walls for stuff I still need to get framed.  Every poster except the Mastodon and Metallica from 1986 are from shows I've been to. 

Marantz 2245

Technics SL-1950 w/ Grado Red

Paradigm 5SE-MKII

20141116_094233_zps7f2179c7.jpg

20141116_094247_zpsa424c541.jpg

20141116_094255_zps85b8556c.jpg

20141116_094523_zpsf53c0d0d.jpg

20141116_094419_zps79e9fbdf.jpg

20141116_094355_zps8cfd76d1.jpg

Excellent.

I haven't seen you in the stoner/doom thread, you should check it out.

....the Mastodon ones are the only ones in cheap Hobby Lobby frames though, and the big one is signed, so that makes it ok, right?  haha.  They were gifts from a friend and I thought it'd be rude to not hang them up.  Truth be told, if I ever run out of room, the small one will be taken down as it's not signed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • jhulud locked this topic