Post Your Record Storage Area

This is way rad! Did you find plans for it, or just whip it together yourself? Link?

thanks for the kind words!

I had been looking into different storage options, then I stumbled across this thread - 

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=337891

which offered a few different plans for a full size LP bin built out of a single sheet of plywood. I just recently started messing around with woodworking, and wanted to try a smaller version to experiment and see if I could put one together without committing to the cost of the full size one. This one is attempt #2, I took some liberties and added the drawer for storage and the addition on the bottom. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out.

If anyone is interested in the exact dimensions, let me know - I can grab them after work.

Motion 40s and a Dynamo 700? Nice set up!

Thanks! it took me a while to save up for them but it was well worth the purchase, they're really great. 

Glad to see some more Emotiva love.

ah yeah man, for the money i haven't come across anything better. I'm generally a skeptic when it comes to "value products" but in this case, they're superb and i have no complaints. 

Has anyone ever shipped an Ikea Kallax/Expedit bookcase? I'm wondering if anyone has they can tell me how they shipped it and what it cost. I have someone wanted to buy one and ship it to them since you can't order it on Ikea's website and they don't have one anywhere close by them.

I live about an hour away from an IKEA. Kallax can be ordered online and shipped to me for $99CAD

$149 for the 4x4 and $99 shipping plus tax.

If i lived two hours away delivery would be $199

a better idea would be to find something local to your friend that is the same size/strength. Or get him to hire a carpenter/friend to help him build one.

Has anyone ever shipped an Ikea Kallax/Expedit bookcase? I'm wondering if anyone has they can tell me how they shipped it and what it cost. I have someone wanted to buy one and ship it to them since you can't order it on Ikea's website and they don't have one anywhere close by them.

They have the package dimensions and weights on Ikea's website.  You can always put it in UPS's website and see what kind of price you get (If they can even ship it).  It will probably cost more than the shelf itself though.  

I live about an hour away from an IKEA. Kallax can be ordered online and shipped to me for $99CAD

$149 for the 4x4 and $99 shipping plus tax.

If i lived two hours away delivery would be $199

a better idea would be to find something local to your friend that is the same size/strength. Or get him to hire a carpenter/friend to help him build one.

This girl wants the turquoise color which is not available to ship. Shipping is $99 on Ikea's website which is more than the shelf, so I'll just recommend she look around local or have someone build one for her like you guys said.

11046490_10100465278785546_1820094168104

I don't post much, but thought I'd show off what I made last month since I finally actually took a short look at this thread and figured my post could help someone looking for ideas.  I basically built an expedit-like cabinet with doors and an extra spot for my amp.  Nothing hugely innovative.  Speakers aren't pictured as I have them sitting next to the cabinet on our piano, but they're Pioneer BS-21s.  Fun little project, and got to improve on my sub-par carpentry/woodworking skills.  Definitely made some mistakes, but most of them are covered by paint or the doors, so I'm pretty happy with it.  I'm sure if my collecting gets out of control I'll have to build something different, but for now I've only got it about half full.  Here's an imgur album with a sort of step by step build that I posted elsewhere (it was for a DIY board, so more focus on building than records in the album) in case someone wants to check out how I went about it, but it was a fairly simple build (except for the doors, those were kind of a bitch since I used cheap wood, and still don't sit quite right, but oh well).

I went to Ikea today and noticed these while I was there. They're new (hence the label), but basically they're just the right size to fit a heap of 7" records in, and they're dirt cheap. Also, they're untreated so I should think they'd be easy to stain, paint, or do whatever the hell you want with. I'm not really into 7" records myself, but I hope this helps some of you!

WP_20150328_18_35_23_Pro.jpg

• jhulud locked this topic