Post Your Record Storage Area

Here's what I'm working with (plus some ATH M50s that aren't pictured because they were on my head): 

The shelf was one of my first woodworking projects, built at a friend's shop. The wood itself came from a century-old piano and the Unknown Pleasures art was engraved by a CNC machine. 

I've been collecting for around eight years but my collection is quite small (two top left compartments are full). I attribute that to the fact that I have a few other expensive hobbies and the prices of records + shipping to Canada has gone up drastically over the last few years.  
3J3y6GW.jpgaRQ6ZQq.jpg

Here's what I'm working with (plus some ATH M50s that aren't pictured because they were on my head): 

The shelf was one of my first woodworking projects, built at a friend's shop. The wood itself came from a century-old piano and the Unknown Pleasures art was engraved by a CNC machine. 

That shelf is too bad ass! I love the engraving. Thanks for the description, too. When I saw the engraving peeking out from under the turntable, my first thought was, "where can I get that?!"

That shelf is too bad ass! I love the engraving. Thanks for the description, too. When I saw the engraving peeking out from under the turntable, my first thought was, "where can I get that?!"

Thanks! I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I forgot to mention that the engraved lines are filled with off-white caulking that's not affected by the staining of the wood. Unfortunately, you'll have to make it yourself if you want; it took me long enough to complete this one. haha  

What does everyone use to keep records from sliding out of the back of your expedit/kallax?

Get a few pool noodles from Target/Walmart and cut them to the size of the squares length, place them in the backs on the sections and you will have all your records looking perfectly lined up and will not slide out the back..

Nothing. Don't need it. WTF are you guys doing to push them back so far?

Thick baseboard and quarter round in my older house adds distance to the wall behind the unit (it doesn't sit flush to the wall). 3.5 inches of filler seemed to fix it nicely so the records are close to the front of the unit.

sDHOshPh.jpg

After trying to downsize my collection a bit, finally got it to fit in a 2x2 Kallax. This is temporary, since I don't like the record player there (which is why it is not hooked up), and the speaker placement is a bit awkward. It work for now though.

• jhulud locked this topic