Post Your Record Storage Area

I approve because of all the Alkaline Trio stuff.

I just made a deal with myself that I have to buy records at a 1:1 ratio of variants to albums I dont have...

about to undergo some minor changes/additions when it comes to what's hung on the walls, but this is the basic idea.

Drool...

So I know this shelf has been talked about in this thread but I realized, Unlike the expedit that changes depending on which one you get, all the long boards go the same way wether you by it in a 2x4 configuration or the 4x2 configuration. It has been discussed that ever picture of an expedit that has toppled over has had the long boards running verticle. Im looking at buying the first one posted which would mean the long boards would be in the more prone-to-topple verticle longboards. Do you think this wont matter since we are talking solid wood compared to mostly cardboard?

Hopefully I explained this clear enough. Makes sence in my head, not sure how well it translates to text.

So I know this shelf has been talked about in this thread but I realized, Unlike the expedit that changes depending on which one you get, all the long boards go the same way wether you by it in a 2x4 configuration or the 4x2 configuration. It has been discussed that ever picture of an expedit that has toppled over has had the long boards running verticle. Im looking at buying the first one posted which would mean the long boards would be in the more prone-to-topple verticle longboards. Do you think this wont matter since we are talking solid wood compared to mostly cardboard?

Hopefully I explained this clear enough. Makes sence in my head, not sure how well it translates to text.

I would think as long as you do not try and move it while it is full it shouldn't topple.  Also as long as you dont stack more shelves on top.

I would think as long as you do not try and move it while it is full it shouldn't topple.  Also as long as you dont stack more shelves on top.

This is the part Im worried about. On top of it, I HAVE TO put a DDJ-SZ, 2 KRK Rokit 8s, PLX-1000 and a MBP.

Thats about 120lbs on top of it. If these items cant go on top, the vinyl must stay in milk crates :(

if you put it together properly you won't have a problem with any configuration for a 2 by 4 unit.

the expedit problem occurred on a 5 by 5 unit i think. weight and incorrect assembly was the cause for that incident

Im a construction worker so this wont be a problem.

Assemble it using wood glue at all joints (shelves touching the sides etc) and it will NEVER fall apart. The wood glue is stronger than the screws.

Would one be able to ever disassemble it again? I thought about using wood glue some time ago, but I'm moving like every two years..

• jhulud locked this topic