Post Your Record Storage Area

thanks so much! it looks kind of random in this picture, but that's because i just ditched the computer that was sitting in the left corner under the Queers poster, with the monitor directly to its right. the turntable was totally on the other side basically under the boxing glove (which is an homage to the cover art of one of the releases i put out last year), so the posters fit PERFECTLY with everything that was beneath them. here's what it looked like originally:

1010864_10100995217832657_40596350404664

if you notice, each poster within an individual column is the same width as every other poster in that column. that made the side-to-side growth easier and more uniformed as i got more posters. i recently had to add the 4x4 unit, so now i can hang a few of the bigger (18 x 24, etc) posters above that and not have to worry about matching sizes because one poster will complete a column above that expedit.

as long as you have a plan in place before you start hanging things, you can make it look pretty awesome pretty easily.

Dude, this whole setup looks incredible.

Also, I was kind of a prick to you in the raffle thread...sorry about that :(

sorry for the fuzzy & dark cell phone quality photos but i got two new 1x4 kallax shelves on friday and just got done organizing... just need to work on getting the 2x2 expedite loaded up and organized.  

my newly updated record room, a work in progress. 

Records1_zpsjugmd9tx.jpg

records%202_zpsi8nbv0gq.jpg

records%203_zpscte3oe0a.jpg

framing the bike was too rich for my blood.

He has his cable hanging there too, I'm sure there's just no other place for him to store his bike. I've known other people who ride regularly to store their bike like that.

yeah, its the only option i had. We live in a tiny 890 sq. foot condo, no garage, and my wife's bike that was locked up under our car port got  stolen. So now my bike is stored as wall art. 

You know bikes are meant for riding not to just be hung on the wall.

He has his cable hanging there too, I'm sure there's just no other place for him to store his bike. I've known other people who ride regularly to store their bike like that.

Yeah, this really isn't that odd. Years ago there was a house that was being passed through my family (it's been sold since, whole big thing) and while my grandparents lived there, they hung up hooks on the garage ceiling and hung their bikes upside down by them. It was the strangest thing I'd ever seen, but it got the job done.

Yeah, this really isn't that odd. Years ago there was a house that was being passed through my family (it's been sold since, whole big thing) and while my grandparents lived there, they hung up hooks on the garage ceiling and hung their bikes upside down by them. It was the strangest thing I'd ever seen, but it got the job done.

I think that the original post was just someone teasing by giving the response that they'd give if that person had a record framed.

I hope you glued those shelves in, because I would not trust the wood pegs and the shitty particle board on it's side since there is no weight distribution. 

The evolution of my storage area.  Some custom tweaks that you can't see -- the installation of a backing on the IKEA Kallax with spacers on each shelf and the hooks installed on the side of the Kallax for cord and dust cover storage.  Pretty pleased with what I have going on right now with the small area that I have.  Also a bonus shot of my record clean area as well.

image1%203_zpsyqpsj5bj.jpg

image2%202_zps3ic1p45r.jpg

image3%202_zpsuv5deox5.jpg

Some of you guys have me so asthetically beat, it's ridiculous. But, here goes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm a big Springsteen fan. Most are sealed. I have everything (plus multiple copies of most) but I still need The Rising. I know some of you guys hate framing albums up, but it's what I like.

Manchester Orchestra wall. Signed by all original and current members on their respective albums.

The evolution of my storage area. Some custom tweaks that you can't see -- the installation of a backing on the IKEA Kallax with spacers on each shelf and the hooks installed on the side of the Kallax for cord and dust cover storage. Pretty pleased with what I have going on right now with the small area that I have. Also a bonus shot of my record clean area as well.

image1%203_zpsyqpsj5bj.jpg

image2%202_zps3ic1p45r.jpg

image3%202_zpsuv5deox5.jpg

This is a thing of beauty.

Can someone send me a link of some shelving!? I really love my setup but im at about 800 pieces in my collection and the middle of my shelves are starting to bow in the middle. Its time to upgrade to something sturdier

Ikea Kallax come in a lot of different colors and sizes so lots of variety for various collection sizes. 1x4 or 4x4 and larger. I didn't need much initial room when I started to build my collection back up again after a fire, so I actually went with a 2x3 "Kallax type" shelf from target for 40 bones. Good deal from clearance.

Nice Wilco and Neil Young collections 

Thanks! Wilco's complete as far as studio/live albums and boxsets, I'm missing some 7" but the desire to collect those has diminished after the Alpha Mike Foxtrot boxset compiled those. Though I'm missing some Golden Smog albums, otherwise I'll have a complete Jeff Tweedy collection.

Neil's hard since so many of his 90s albums are so pricy, so I doubt I'll ever complete his discography. I've always had a soft spot for country Neil so I'd like to grab Harvest Moon at some point, but that one's pretty rare and pricy. 

Thanks! Wilco's complete as far as studio/live albums and boxsets, I'm missing some 7" but the desire to collect those has diminished after the Alpha Mike Foxtrot boxset compiled those. Though I'm missing some Golden Smog albums, otherwise I'll have a complete Jeff Tweedy collection.

Neil's hard since so many of his 90s albums are so pricy, so I doubt I'll ever complete his discography. I've always had a soft spot for country Neil so I'd like to grab Harvest Moon at some point, but that one's pretty rare and pricy. 

I'm in the same boat. That Wilco boxset killed any desire to track down their singles.

I really would love Harvest Moon, Ragged Glory, and Broken Arrow. Hopefully prices on those come down soon or they get repressed.

• jhulud locked this topic