Post Your Record Storage Area

I never understand why people have so much shelving sometimes for so little records and alpha signs for 200 records....it can't be that hard to find what you want

Was that aimed at me? Because i can.....it was a project i thought was easy and fun....somewhat rewarding.........and there's 500ish records spread across the 3 shelves......i didnt know we had to pack them out before getting additional shelves

Guy clearly doesn't have furniture because it's not pictured. He obviously stands. 

This.......and i need to find some stands that will suit......not the best place for them.....but best place at the moment 

The evolution of my storage area. Some custom tweaks that you can't see -- the installation of a backing on the IKEA Kallax with spacers on each shelf and the hooks installed on the side of the Kallax for cord and dust cover storage. Pretty pleased with what I have going on right now with the small area that I have. Also a bonus shot of my record clean area as well.

image1%203_zpsyqpsj5bj.jpg

image2%202_zps3ic1p45r.jpg

image3%202_zpsuv5deox5.jpg

I'm into those speaker stands! Where'd ya pick them up?

The big shelf has all the CDs and most of the various things in my Less Than Jake collection. Plus some P+P resin figures/skulls/MVSR vinyl figures and Pops. Plenty of other random toys that LTJ's drummer makes in the closet still. Wish I had more room to keep more of it out.

IMG_6641_zps1uz6eufd.jpg

Playback set up along with two baskets of 7" records on the bottom shelf. The basket on the right is entirely Less Than Jake, while the basket on the left is everything else. Plus a few more resin figures from Paper + Plastick.

IMG_6642_zpsp00ibqvy.jpg

And then where all the rest of the records get stored. The top right block with the wooden LTJ tablet is the square with nothing but Less Than Jake. The only thing I really need to do with the set up is get some better speakers. 

IMG_6646_zpsrawsxk1y.jpg

The evolution of my storage area.  Some custom tweaks that you can't see -- the installation of a backing on the IKEA Kallax with spacers on each shelf and the hooks installed on the side of the Kallax for cord and dust cover storage.  Pretty pleased with what I have going on right now with the small area that I have.  Also a bonus shot of my record clean area as well.

image2%202_zps3ic1p45r.jpg

Possibly my favourite storage set up on the site!

Forgive me if you've explained somewhere already - but what's the story with that 7" storage box. Is it pre-made or did you construct it yourself? I need a new way to store my 7" collection and this is seems like the perfect solution for what I need. Thanks!

Finally a nice room with shelves that aren't adorned with a bunch of lame ass neon / colored lights. Well done, sir.

Was thinking the same thing. A music lover lives here.

Thanks guys, its hard not to spend too much time in there getting the appropriate amount of music therapy lol.

The big shelf has all the CDs and most of the various things in my Less Than Jake collection. Plus some P+P resin figures/skulls/MVSR vinyl figures and Pops. Plenty of other random toys that LTJ's drummer makes in the closet still. Wish I had more room to keep more of it out.

IMG_6641_zps1uz6eufd.jpg

Playback set up along with two baskets of 7" records on the bottom shelf. The basket on the right is entirely Less Than Jake, while the basket on the left is everything else. Plus a few more resin figures from Paper + Plastick.

IMG_6642_zpsp00ibqvy.jpg

And then where all the rest of the records get stored. The top right block with the wooden LTJ tablet is the square with nothing but Less Than Jake. The only thing I really need to do with the set up is get some better speakers. 

IMG_6646_zpsrawsxk1y.jpg

That's a crazy amount of Less than Jake merch, coffee, skulls, cereal/pizza box 7"s, donuts lol I listened to my Rehasher records today. I think they're playing Gainesville tonight- wishing I was there.

Thanks guys, its hard not to spend too much time in there getting the appropriate amount of music therapy lol.

That's a crazy amount of Less than Jake merch, coffee, skulls, cereal/pizza box 7"s, donuts lol I listened to my Rehasher records today. I think they're playing Gainesville tonight- wishing I was there.

Haha thanks. There's a shelf that runs the length of my closet and it's all the 8 Hands figures and Symptoms line plus some other Monkeys and Skateboards etc.

And that they did! I was talking to them earlier and they no joke confirmed it on Sunday just for the hell of it haha. Thankfully I didn't have anything going on tonight so I went up to Gainesville for the show. Smallest venue I've ever seen ANY band play. Official capacity for the place was 69 people haha.

Well, I just moved. It's not much, but it's my first piece of furniture that can store my records. I'm awaiting a new record player to go on the left. I'm going to frame another record above left.

Also, I'll dump pictures of the acrylic case I made for my blink first presses.

2d9qx54.jpg

jl15as.jpg

4i5v7.jpg

30d9v82.jpg

2wozmtc.jpg

You're about to make a lot of Blink fans on here jealous with that box! Not a big fan of them personally but that's a pretty cool box.

How easy is it to make? You should consider doing custom boxes for people. Think they'd snap them up. Make a Brand New box and you'll be rolling in money!

You're about to make a lot of Blink fans on here jealous with that box! Not a big fan of them personally but that's a pretty cool box.

How easy is it to make? You should consider doing custom boxes for people. Think they'd snap them up. Make a Brand New box and you'll be rolling in money!

Definitely looking into it. They are highly customizable because you can etch anything. The acrylic is really expensive though. I'm researching cheaper materials.

IMG_6642_zpsp00ibqvy.jpg

I love that stereo cabinet, where did you get that? I've been looking for something similar.

• jhulud locked this topic