Post Your Record Storage Area

I'm finally getting around to post what my current record area looks like. My wife and I live in a small Miami apartment so this is actually our dining room area too (complete with wine rack). The 7" collection has been moved to a set of shelves in the "office" area of the main room.

25232940584_ff2a4a9a45_b.jpg

My setup has gone through a ton of changes over the years. Here's a look.

2012-2014

8942122576_b2bfa4eedc_c.jpg

8159820398_4f44100e50_c.jpg

2009-2010

6579200815_bc197c3e9a_z.jpg

2008-2009

6579200303_f96ab13d05_z.jpg

2008 and before don't have photos because it was nothing to be excited about. It was a mix of boxes/crappy shelves. 

Oh look, another guy with Kallax/Expedit shelves! I finally got some new ones and consolidated all the records in the house. Planning to put some of those doors in the two empty cubes. That is, until I run out of space and need to invade those cubes. Installed the floating shelves and painted the mantle white this weekend too - little makeover on that side of the living room. 

1hp0zn.jpg

Oh look, another guy with Kallax/Expedit shelves! I finally got some new ones and consolidated all the records in the house. Planning to put some of those doors in the two empty cubes. That is, until I run out of space and need to invade those cubes. Installed the floating shelves and painted the mantle white this weekend too - little makeover on that side of the living room.

1hp0zn.jpg

Dat Nelson clock...

1hp0zn.jpg

shot in the dark but is that a Curiot or Nosego print? 

1hp0zn.jpg

200 point bonus for awesome dog and awesome dog illustration. Pretty wall color too.

Moved to Delaware over the weekend and the records were one of the first things to get unpacked.  I was panicked at first thinking everything would take up much more space.  Probably experience with my past few microscopic living rooms rearing its ugly head.  Fortunately it doesn't and it appears I have MORE space for MORE storage.  Took a quick pic to share but I'm still very much in the midst of unpacking which is not amazing to go through if you haven't already.  At least I can play the records while I do it!

The collection is up to ~400 now.  Small by comparison but I have been steadily selling/trading out things I don't love to replace them with things I do so it's a solid 400. 

JzGP63o.jpg

Thanks!

When I bought this house, I started doing a "Sunday AM" record on Facebook each week. 

Then my wife's feet eventually made their way into the pictures ;)

Then my son was born and people like seeing his growth and album choice each week. 

I just started adding the pictures on IG too, but it's a cool little family tradition we started and look forward to each week!

Whats your IG?

• 2 weeks later...
  • jhulud locked this topic