Post Your Record Storage Area

1 hour ago, permafaust said:

Man, believe me, it drives me insane. The rug itself just was made that way, I guess who/whatever sewed it did it crooked. It was the first thing i noticed when I took it out of the package. It doesn't bother me when Im sitting here and listening though and that's all that matters to me. 

However, I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking for a new, pattern-less rug to replace it already. 

I honestly think it just depends how you looks at the pattern.  Once your eye gets to the middle of the rug, you can't tell which way the pattern is going exactly.  You could look at it as going at an angle even.  That's just me at least.

On 4/10/2016 at 0:21 PM, adamha21 said:

Getting too many records and swapping in a few different components so I had to make some changes to the setup.  I decided to actually get a rack for components and now have moved my record cleaning station to on top of the Kallax.

IMG_7147_zpsn6wklhio.jpg

Love this! Where did you get the wall display shelving?

• 2 months later...

I took advantage of all the Hastings going out of business and scored these racks for $100. If you've got the room I highly recommend pillaging a Hastings for some. The drawers each have two rows. The bottom ones weirdly aren't tall enough for LPs (they're like a half inch too short), but they fit three rows of 7"s pretty perfectly. Very stoked on this shit...

15ml1xe.jpg
25f0q37.jpg
w1fkle.jpg

18 minutes ago, mike said:

I took advantage of all the Hastings going out of business and scored these racks for $100. If you've got the room I highly recommend pillaging a Hastings for some. The drawers each have two rows. The bottom ones weirdly aren't tall enough for LPs (they're like a half inch too short), but they fit three rows of 7"s pretty perfectly. Very stoked on this shit...

15ml1xe.jpg
25f0q37.jpg
w1fkle.jpg

Oh man. If I had a Hastings nearby I'd be on that shit like nobody's business.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Spent the last couple days remodeling my office / record listening / storage area. Still a couple smaller things to do, like waiting for my 7" wooden boxes, new speakers and a couple more frames to arrive, but this is pretty much it.

IMG_2430_zpstrdlemyk.jpg

vis à vis:

IMG_2414_zpsfynujm7q.jpg

If anyone is looking for cheap 7" storage to hold a small collection, AC Moore/Michaels sell these wooden boxes for 5x7 photos. They're usually ~$15 or even less on promotion. Just toss the lid and paint the box whatever color you want. I would recommend the AC Moore version as the Michaels version is a bit snug. Also, the AC Moore version can hold 10" records on the long side.

y3mpUvD86y5aR5AJldtjWD3cMMZp4tmOB18tmIWG

5 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Spent the last couple days remodeling my office / record listening / storage area. Still a couple smaller things to do, like waiting for my 7" wooden boxes, new speakers and a couple more frames to arrive, but this is pretty much it.

IMG_2430_zpstrdlemyk.jpg

vis à vis:

IMG_2414_zpsfynujm7q.jpg

I love it! Looks so good I want to redo my room now. 

9 hours ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

This setup is seriously so sick. I need those thin record shelves to display. Did you make these yourself?

• jhulud locked this topic