Post Your Record Storage Area

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Got the Clearaudio Talismann cart on that mt10?

I've always liked the design of the mt10. How about some better pics of it?

Yeah I'm loving the mt10 right now. The talismann cart actually exceeded my expectations thus far. I'll post some more pics when I get home tonight! 

On 1/18/2017 at 0:08 AM, Derek™ said:

Really curious, too, not that it's any of my business.  Collecting variants is one thing, but that shelf reminds me of the clearance section at a record store where they have 20 copies of the albums nobody wants.  Would love to see their Deadformat or Discogs.

That bullshit Glassjaw release, in triplicate, is a nice addition at the top as well.  And not one but two of those janky Devil & God masks?  I think I found my new favorite member.  Jesus hoarding Christ.

To be fair I know those masks aren't duplicates cuz I have the same ones. It's each mask from that album in seperate boxes.

1 hour ago, Rottengoth said:

To be fair I know those masks aren't duplicates cuz I have the same ones. It's each mask from that album in seperate boxes.

Damn, I stand corrected.  I take the fault on that one – I really, truly thought they'd be bundled considering the price of them.  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  If they're not sold out by now, I'm sure their value on the aftermarket will soar because Brand New.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Damn, I stand corrected.  I take the fault on that one – I really, truly thought they'd be bundled considering the price of them.  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  If they're not sold out by now, I'm sure their value on the aftermarket will soar because Brand New.

I'll never understand the ridiculous obsession some people have with that band. They're just not that good.

On 2/17/2017 at 8:56 PM, Derek™ said:

I mostly bought it because it was like 30 for a regular shirt and 40 for the two masks that came with a glow in the dark shirt and some other things. Also because I'm a huge horror movie fan as well and they remind me of Halloween 3

37 minutes ago, August West said:

https://www.lpbin.com/

They ended up being local for me so I was able to avoid shipping.  But even with shipping costs, totally worth it.  Very sturdy and I love being able to flip through. 

I figured he was talking about the cabinet in the middle.

1 hour ago, steviex2shoes said:

For real...how tall are you?  I'm assuming you're using step stool or something.

Haha, nah. I'm 6' tall, and have 8' ceilings (I think). I can easily reach the stuff in the top rows. My wife is 5' 5" and can reach everything fine too. Takes up less valuable real estate.

so the 2x4" is like what 5 ft then?

I'm interested in doing the 2x4" with the shelf for the record player now that I see how you have it set up.  Just trying to figure out if I have to move any of the artwork I have hanging around.

Edited by steviex2shoes

The 2x4 is 30"x58" tall. The shelf the turntable sits on is 43". It's perfect height for me to use the turntable. I just place the dust cover over it when I'm not using it, because it won't go up high enough to stay up while it's in the shelf area.

You can always do this too, this is how I used to have it. This way you can keep the dustcover on, if that's your thing.

20150305_133546_zpsx0wfibpm.jpg

20150305_133611_zpsedkxi7wp.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I realize it's not a great setup by any stretch  but my SO and I just moved to a new apartment and I'm really happy to have it all set up again. Please ignore the fact that our collection is around 500 records and we still have an AT-LP60. :D We will be upgrading soon. 

20170314_231239.jpg

I haven't changed much with the set up recently other than location. Moved into our newly refinished basement,  the location is really hurting the sound, low ceiling and wide open on just one side of the listening area has made the sound thin and treble heavy.  Need to look into acoustics to rectify it.

3LPsGhH.jpg

Edited by Skibum00

• jhulud locked this topic