Post Your Record Storage Area

LOL, I did offer my idea of making his own from old free jackets. Could be a cool project. Maybe find a big " A" and paste it onto a nice index card, and glue it to an old record jacket so it sticks out a bit and you see the "A".

It could be a cool project if you look for a big letter to cut out for each index card.

14 hours ago, dnl said:

Anyone know where to get some decent record dividers for shelves that won't break the bank like these. (They look cool btw but I gave up on entertaining the idea of having these months ago.)

I use these from amazon and I think they work pretty well. 

BCW Supplies 33 RPM Record Divider https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VLEZTE6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FgC5ybBSAS681

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tug said:

nice window room but no shades means no control over light pouring in when you dont want it too?

No but considering the room is mostly used for listening to music and just relaxing it's not a big issue. Also there are quite a few trees just outside that do a good job of shading so there's not generally  much direct sunlight.

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

@Blumplum get speaker stands.

I knew I was going to get called out on that. Speaker stands have been on my to-do list since I moved in September. Honestly though I have not noticed a difference to my last place when I had them on a separate surface.

6 minutes ago, Blumplum said:

No but considering the room is mostly used for listening to music and just relaxing it's not a big issue. Also there are quite a few trees just outside that do a good job of shading so there's not generally  much direct sunlight.

I knew I was going to get called out on that. Speaker stands have been on my to-do list since I moved in September. Honestly though I have not noticed a difference to my last place when I had them on a separate surface.

You might not necessarily hear it, but damage is being done. Plus we all know speaker stands look badass. That room is lovely though. Very well done. 

Just moved into a new place and got a new turntable, since I was using my old roommate's for the past few years. Set up is a blue U-Turn Obit Plus with the cue lever upgrade -> Onkyo TX-8020 -> KLH AV-830 and around 130 records in two wooden apple crates. 

CsaZXgt.jpg 

IHqnoBZ.jpg

12 hours ago, instrumentality said:

Just moved into a new place and got a new turntable, since I was using my old roommate's for the past few years. Set up is a blue U-Turn Obit Plus with the cue lever upgrade -> Onkyo TX-8020 -> KLH AV-830 and around 130 records in two wooden apple crates. 

CsaZXgt.jpg 

IHqnoBZ.jpg

Don't ever fall down those stairs.

19 hours ago, instrumentality said:

CsaZXgt.jpg 

IHqnoBZ.jpg

Yo nice issue of Focus on the table there!! Miss that magazine so much.

• jhulud locked this topic