Post Your Record Storage Area

On 5/2/2017 at 9:26 PM, wesisthebastard said:

I got about half moved today. Not bad. 

First load I had to come back home with.....started out down the road and realized my car was not going to make it with that much loaded n the back. It was weighed down pretty good. Took a few boxes out to make it safer!

What's that Integrity box on the right?

Can I have it?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, jackshidt said:

Has anyone looked at the new Target cube units with legs?  I like the idea of easily getting my stuff off the ground but I wonder if the unit can support 800 records or so.  The unit is made of 'wood laminate', not wood.

Target Cube storage with legs

• Maximum Shelf Weight Capacity: 30.000 pounds
  •  

So has the NORNÄS already been discontinued from ikea? My records had to be packed up for a short time and durring that period my son  took mine over for toys and book. Now that it is time for the records to come back out I hopped on Ikeas website  and dont see anything on the NORNÄS shelf. If so, has anything new come out within the past couple months that is all wood and dosnt cost a ton? If the NORNÄS is done I may by a Kallax and swap the toys out so I can have my all wood NORNÄS back...

On 4/5/2017 at 11:19 PM, wbhendrix said:

I use these from amazon and I think they work pretty well. 

BCW Supplies 33 RPM Record Divider https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VLEZTE6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FgC5ybBSAS681

I know this is going back a few months, but I got these and can attest to their greatness. I've had my kids run by them hitting them and they don't break. They can be written on by sharpie easily and take a label machine label real well too. 

• 4 weeks later...

Last August we sold our house.  Built a new house, finished it in October.  Then decided to finish the basement myself.  Been without records and audio for 10 months.  About 3 weeks ago I finished the basement enough to start moving stuff in.  It's a work in progress with still more stuff yet to come from the framers.  

20170723_165011.jpg
20170723_165023.jpg
20170723_165033.jpg
20170723_165046.jpg
20170723_165100.jpg
20170723_165112.jpg
20170723_165150.jpg
20170723_165211.jpg
20170723_165231.jpg
20170723_165249.jpg

fahhk that is amazing, its like an art gallery. although I7m wondering why you havent got the speakers in the corners of the room?

you'd have to be a bazillionaire to have a space like that here in japan.

my records sort of outgrew the living room so had to be shifted to another room. Sonab OA14's in each corner and Technics either side. Wife HATES this setup and keeps nagging me to get the amp/TT etc on a vertical RACK in that far corner. FUCK NO.

SN3N6437_zpsbl5siqm3.jpg

7"s and relegated speakers in other room

SN3N6436_zpsyfjxewaq.jpg

tapes are a yes

SN3N6435_zpsfoc7wojz.jpg

cd's are a no

SN3N6434_zpsf5r8hlce.jpg

SN3N6432_zpskxlkk9r3.jpg

Boring!

SN3N6433_zpsp8akt2og.jpg

12 hours ago, wbhendrix said:

dang those white shelves against the dark wall color look sweet... i might have to change mine out! 

I spent hours going through this thread along with one on AudioKarma trying to get ideas on how I wanted the room to look.  Super happy with the white shelves and dark wall.  Shelves pop along with the trim.  Currently building a custom coffee table to match.  Once that's done I can order a giant area rug to help with a sound a little bit.   

4 hours ago, Sprague Dawley said:

fahhk that is amazing, its like an art gallery. although I7m wondering why you havent got the speakers in the corners of the room?

you'd have to be a bazillionaire to have a space like that here in japan.

Thanks dude.   When I unpacked everything I only had the speaker wire from my last set-up in a much, MUCH smaller room, so they have to go there for now until I buy new wire.  Plus, Im waiting until I have my giant area rug and coffee table done before I start re-arranging stuff again.   The room is an odd shape which doesn't help, not to mention all of the glass from the frames isn't exactly sound friendly either.   It's a work in progress for sure.  

You're collection is amazing btw dude.    

Edited by QUA1L

15 hours ago, MikeSantor said:

QUA1L, what media cabinet is that the audio gear is on? Love the look of the room, bud.

I honestly couldnt tell you.  I was roaming the internet trying to find something that seemed sturdy.   Actually stumbled upon this on Craigslist for $50.  I think I had found some decent stuff I had contemplated buying on Wayfair.com.  Just search "audio rack"

Thanks dude, appreciate it.

Edited by QUA1L

Anyone have any experience with these from Target?

https://www.target.com/p/6-cube-organizer-shelf-13-threshold-153/-/A-50253251#lnk=sametab

Wondering if the specs will allow for records on the upper shelves:

Weight capacity is 30 lbs per cube shelf.

• Frame Material: MDF Composite
  • Number of Shelves: 2
  • Maximum Shelf Weight Capacity: 15.000 pounds
  • Maximum Weight Capacity: 25.000 pounds
  • Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean with a Dry Cloth
  • Dimensions: 31.000 inches H x 44.000 inches W x 14.625 inches D
  • Weight: 56.000 pounds

Edited by [Banned User]

finally after almost 10 years (see page #1 for when i first got my 4x4 expedit in 2008 haha) i outgrew it and wanted to add more cubes

changed it up and went with three 2x4 kallax shelves when i saw they were on sale this past week, really pleased with how it turned out

QXdE9ld.jpg

Edited by rrd
added link

• jhulud locked this topic