Post Your Record Storage Area

On 7/27/2017 at 8:03 PM, [Banned User] said:

Anyone have any experience with these from Target?

https://www.target.com/p/6-cube-organizer-shelf-13-threshold-153/-/A-50253251#lnk=sametab

Wondering if the specs will allow for records on the upper shelves:

Weight capacity is 30 lbs per cube shelf.

• Frame Material: MDF Composite
  • Number of Shelves: 2
  • Maximum Shelf Weight Capacity: 15.000 pounds
  • Maximum Weight Capacity: 25.000 pounds
  • Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean with a Dry Cloth
  • Dimensions: 31.000 inches H x 44.000 inches W x 14.625 inches D
  • Weight: 56.000 pounds

I have a 3x2 as pictured and a 3x3. They're both holding up fine after three years of use.

2 hours ago, aphasias said:

I have a 3x2 as pictured and a 3x3. They're both holding up fine after three years of use.

Are they filled on all shelves? I just bought one and have only been loading on the bottom row cause I was scared the top ones couldn't take it, but I trust your 3 years of use. Thanks for the input!

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

So, just out of curiosity, what's the highest anyone has stacked Kallax shelves? Would a 2x2 on top of a 2x4 stacked vertically be asking for trouble?

Mine have been fine for the last few years. I DO have them all mounted to the wall also.

I'd post pics, but Photobucket sucks.

I have two 2x4 mounted vertically, with a 2x2 on top of each one.

Edited by vinyl addict

I dusted and reorganized the collection and it looks pretty good imo, plus I haven't posted a photo of my set-up since I moved into this apartment two years ago, so consider this post a placeholder for pics to come. 

Since this busted ass site doesn't let us post photos straight from our devices. Like literally any other forum site in this, the year of our Lord 2017

EDIT: Alright, finally got some pictures.

The Before: Dust, an extra set of speakers (of the Bluetooth variety), more dust, and DVDs mixed in even though I still had stuff to sort into the cubes, most of which were almost too full.

tumblr_ov0l39xfHy1ua4kxpo1_1280.jpg

The After: significantly less dust, space for growth, extra speakers moved onto the desk where we keep our modem and router, and DVDs put into some boxes and cast to the side since we rarely watch them. Not an ideal place for the DVD player, but I haven't figured out anything better for the time being.

tumblr_ov0l39xfHy1ua4kxpo2_1280.jpg

...and an overall shot, including the actual turntable, receiver, and a cassette deck that I've yet to hook up and test. Not the most glamorous space, but I'm not made of money yet. The box underneath the turntable is full of my roommate's records.

tumblr_ov0l5lh30p1ua4kxpo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Aych
posting some damn pics

11 hours ago, Aych said:

I dusted and reorganized the collection and it looks pretty good imo, plus I haven't posted a photo of my set-up since I moved into this apartment two years ago, so consider this post a placeholder for pics to come. 

Since this busted ass site doesn't let us post photos straight from our devices. Like literally any other forum site in this, the year of our Lord 2017

EDIT: Alright, finally got some pictures.

The Before: Dust, an extra set of speakers (of the Bluetooth variety), more dust, and DVDs mixed in even though I still had stuff to sort into the cubes, most of which were almost too full.

tumblr_ov0l39xfHy1ua4kxpo1_1280.jpg

The amount of dust in this picture makes me want to sneeze just looking at it. I'm not the most thorough/regular duster, but daaaaamn. Glad you cleaned up :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
26 minutes ago, Dillhole said:

Those the Foremost cubes?  Been using those for about 10 years now.  While not the prettiest they really get the job done well.

That they are!

They're ok. As I use the black ones, they're not too noticeable. The front of the room where the rolltop deks, CRT TV, speakers, and storage cabinet (upon where the TV rests), etc is all in dark wood, so that side looks nice and when you're in the room, you're pointed away from the foremost cubes. :)

• jhulud locked this topic