impact

Post Your Record Storage Area

82743218_il_570xn.935985578_9.jpg

82743219_il_570xn.935985580_s.jpg

Holds 400 records $750 ripoff.  You could build one for $125 to $175.  If I were to get one I would want 5 slots on each level. 

82744430_il_570xn.806510086_m.jpg

82744431_il_570xn.806286637_8.jpg

Guess it hold 90 to 110 record $25.  Says this is stackable I would stack only 2 you might be able to get away with 3 this does not look that sturdy.

Did you build these or buy them? 

Holds 400 records $750 ripoff.  You could build one for $125 to $175.  If I were to get one I would want 5 slots on each level. 

Guess it hold 90 to 110 record $25.  Says this is stackable I would stack only 2 you might be able to get away with 3 this does not look that sturdy.

FYI lots of filtering software blocks imgchili.

I got married last month and moved into a place where I can actually have a room/office for music. This is a work in progress (still need to get a third poster framed). I've never posted my set up before, but I'm really happy with how this is turning out! IMG_8073.jpg

I got married last month and moved into a place where I can actually have a room/office for music. This is a work in progress (still need to get a third poster framed). I've never posted my set up before, but I'm really happy with how this is turning out! IMG_8073.jpg

Love the Killers theme you have going

Ok I need some advice...

target threshold cubes vs ikea kallax cubes

i bought a 2x3 target threshold shelf a year ago and it's already starting to lean a bit and it's already maxed out too.  I'm thinking of going with 2 2x2 cubes instead of my current semi broken one, anyone have an opinion over what's sturdier, or anyone have bad luck with one over the other?

thanks!

1 hour ago, crossedoutname said:

Ok I need some advice...

i bought a 2x3 target threshold shelf a year ago and it's already starting to lean a bit and it's already maxed out too.  I'm thinking of going with 2 2x2 cubes instead of my current semi broken one, anyone have an opinion over what's sturdier, or anyone have bad luck with one over the other?

thanks!

I have a 2x2 and a 2x4 Kallax and I love both. I'd say that, easily. 

Edited by Han Solo

3 hours ago, crossedoutname said:

Ok I need some advice...

thanks!

I have the model before Kallax from IKEA (forget what it was called) with the thicker outer portions, and I also have a Kallax. Both have held up over the years. The kallax is a 2x2 and is fully loaded with zero leaning, bending, warping, or whimpering. 

Those Swedes really make fine furniture. 

If you're on a budget, the Better Homes and Garden Cube Organizers sold at Walmart are another really good option. I know no one equates Walmart with quality, but I've had mine for a few years and no leaning or bending either. I can fit about 50 records in each cube. I always buy these when I need more space.

1 hour ago, dnl said:

If you're on a budget, the Better Homes and Garden Cube Organizers sold at Walmart are another really good option. I know no one equates Walmart with quality, but I've had mine for a few years and no leaning or bending either. I can fit about 50 records in each cube. I always buy these when I need more space.

Was just about to suggest these. I have 2 of the 2x4 cube sets and love them

On 4/20/2016 at 8:17 PM, Bhemblem said:

I got married last month and moved into a place where I can actually have a room/office for music. This is a work in progress (still need to get a third poster framed). I've never posted my set up before, but I'm really happy with how this is turning out! IMG_8073.jpg

did you make it to the Killers secret show at the Bunkhouse after their arena performance in Vegas??

On 4/20/2016 at 8:17 PM, Bhemblem said:

did you make it to the Killers secret show at the Bunkhouse after their arena performance in Vegas??

1 hour ago, permafaust said:

Thanks guys!

That Jamie Thomas deck is my favorite one I ever had. I got it in 2001ish, held off skating on it for a really long time and finally broke down and used it about 2 years later.

So good.....even used they go for a pretty penny....would be cool to have that and a muska silhouette mint on the wall....such iconic decks

Edited by piky0032

14 hours ago, permafaust said:

My record room is almost done, here is an updated picture since the last time I posted anything. 
b9cea433d107021e18d0581966409816.jpg

And a photo of my rug: 
526425ca58492a6de63186ae079ccf77.jpg

And then my last project to complete but I ran out of old junk 45s
7eb94c771d4c15e55b4425bf163da99e.jpg

I like that overlook hotel rug you got!