Post Your Record Storage Area

I like this better how you have it instead of having it stand up tall ways like the picture at ikea. Would you recommend this unit after putting it up and seeing it in use?

Highly. Everyone else suggested it so I went to grab one. Super sturdy. Cheap for the build. Easy to assemble. Light to move. 10/10 on the expedit. I like the gloss red too. But the matte finishes are cheaper.

Highly. Everyone else suggested it so I went to grab one. Super sturdy. Cheap for the build. Easy to assemble. Light to move. 10/10 on the expedit. I like the gloss red too. But the matte finishes are cheaper.

Awesome, thanks alot! Been meaning to buy something like this instead of what I have now.

The plinth of your turntable looks plastic with lots of electronic parts inside. Placing your speakers on the expedit with your turntable will surely reduce the quality of your output.

Oh, that's not my picture. I have a Pro-Ject Debut III. Not sure if that affects your statement, but I thought I'd just get that out there.

I probably could have specified that in my original post.

Yeah I am using the 5.1. Im probably going to spread out the speakers tonight when im out of work. You'd be surprised but I have little room on the sides of the expedit. I might just go only dual chanel and have the sub on as well, since I don't really use that unit for anything else than listen to music. Any suggestions?

I love 2 channel audio. I listen to all my movies as 2 channel with no sub, but I have speakers that handle low end really well. Your receiver may have a 2.1 setting.

Really makes you wonder what model Crosley he has plugged into his powered computer speakers, doesn't it?

I think he posted a photo, at least of his TT, a little while back.

I laughed really hard at this.

Have you every posted a picture of your set up? I'd really like to see it.

I have somewhere but I'd have to look. My avatar kind of shows my set up.

Pro-Ject 1.3 turntable with Ortofon 2M Blue

Rotel RA-1062 Integrated amp

Musical Fidelity Dac Magic

Rotel RVD-1050 DVD-Audio Player

Oppo BD-95 Blu-Ray

Boston Acoustics VR-3 Speakers

Triad Gold Omni Speakers (currently demoing)

Blue Jeans Cables stereo cables

Sound and Imaging Concepts speaker cables

If anybody on here lives near me (Alabama)  I'm moving in about 2 months and getting rid of the cabinets I have my records in now.  Anybody interested can have them for free.

EDIT:  I won't be ready to give em up til about mid March.  I'll post pics here in a bit if anybody is interested.

Quick question about storage...

My records are stored in a bookcase, vertically.They're somewhat tight, but not too tight. I see in a lot of pictures that people have theirs leaning some what. Is that better, or does it cause shelf wear/ ring wear, compared to vertically. I've just been trying to find the perfect storage set up.

Quick question about storage...

My records are stored in a bookcase, vertically.They're somewhat tight, but not too tight. I see in a lot of pictures that people have theirs leaning some what. Is that better, or does it cause shelf wear/ ring wear, compared to vertically. I've just been trying to find the perfect storage set up.

Ideally, you want them packed tightly enough that they are perfectly vertical, not leaning (to prevent warping/bending), but loose enough that they aren't pressing horrible ringwear into all the covers.

My rule of thumb is that I should be able to easily pull out or push in a record without the ones around it sliding along with it. When I don't have a shelf full enough, I stick a shoebox or something in as a "bookend" if needed.

• jhulud locked this topic