Post Your Record Storage Area

If anybody on here lives near me (Alabama)  I'm moving in about 2 months and getting rid of the cabinets I have my records in now.  Anybody interested can have them for free.

EDIT:  I won't be ready to give em up til about mid March.  I'll post pics here in a bit if anybody is interested.

i think this could only apply to me.  what kind of cabinets you got son? 

(also, hopefully I'll have time this evening to set up my new expeits.  one of which had casters already popped onto it....will post pics if I get finished)

not a photo-update (yet).....buuuuuuut,  you know, so none of you kids happen to make the same mistake I just did....if you purchase a second hand expedit that happens to have casters on it and you find yourself saying "Man, wish this didn't have casters screwed into it....buuuuut, i'll leave 'em on there so it doesn't leave an unsightly screw hole and hell my vinyl will be somewhat mobile" just um.....take the fucking casters off......the Ikea casters themselves are pretty heavy duty, but the Ikea "wood" that they screw into isn't, so the screws started ripping out half-way through my move and for a brief moment it looked as though the metal plates were going to be smashed into our newly refinished hardwood flooring (that we don't own) by the crushing weight of all my vinyl......so we quickly unloaded all 15 cubes of vinyl back onto the original bookshelf.........and now I'm resting before I give it another go......fuuuuucking ridiculous shit

So is the expedit model not worth getting? I'm looking for a new shelf system to have my turntable, amp, and all my records placed in. I was looking at the expedit models just based on this thread.

It is definitely worth getting, but only use it as a stationary shelf, not as a mobile storage unit.

It is definitely worth getting, but only use it as a stationary shelf, not as a mobile storage unit.

Yeah, it'll only be in one room. I'm moving to a big place so I need to get one that takes up some nice space and can fit my collection. I was thinking about this one: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70196428/ Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed.

http://instagram.com/p/VYTYXjxnIL/  to a crappy phone pic from my instagram feed of this thing finally (mostly) completed.   tried posting the photo but it kept giving me a broken link?  I'm not the most computer literate, whatever.   Yeah, Expedit is fine man, just don't put casters on it....and if you're buying your expedit second-hand and it has casters on it, just fucking take them off.....fucking nightmare

http://instagram.com/p/VYTYXjxnIL/ to a crappy phone pic from my instagram feed of this thing finally (mostly) completed. tried posting the photo but it kept giving me a broken link? I'm not the most computer literate, whatever. Yeah, Expedit is fine man, just don't put casters on it....and if you're buying your expedit second-hand and it has casters on it, just fucking take them off.....fucking nightmare

Ooh I like the alternating 1x5 expedit colors. Nice touch.

http://instagram.com/p/VYTYXjxnIL/  to a crappy phone pic from my instagram feed of this thing finally (mostly) completed.   tried posting the photo but it kept giving me a broken link?  I'm not the most computer literate, whatever.   Yeah, Expedit is fine man, just don't put casters on it....and if you're buying your expedit second-hand and it has casters on it, just fucking take them off.....fucking nightmare

I'll be going to the Ikea in Atlanta to get it. Just gonna buy this thing new and put it together one afternoon. That will take place in two weeks. Thank you for the feedback!

Instagram link to my set up - http://instagram.com/p/VYXjYaib-k/. Just moved it all the other day so that my turntable wasn't on top of the receiver and all bunched up together with the speakers. System is sounding real good now. And before everyone complains about it being by the window all the vinyl is safely stored below the window ledge and I don't get sun on that part of the house, nor are the windows ever open. Had nowhere else I could fit it all.

Ooh I like the alternating 1x5 expedit colors. Nice touch.

yeah, not really my thing, I'd rather it be one solid color.....preferably their Brown/Black.....but the closest Ikea being Atlanta and going strictly used off of Craigslist yeilded 2 white and 1 brown/black....so I figured alternating would look better than just the dark up top or on the bottom

• jhulud locked this topic