Post Your Record Storage Area

I just moved into a room in my buddy's house. I had to downsize the collection due to space issues. (I used to have three 2x4 expedits. And now the rest of my collection is in storage.) But here's the current setup. I also have a 2x2 Expedit in the closet.

room_zps30980207.jpg

Is that a hospital sized tampon bin?

Yeah but 4x4 of the crates is way bigger than an expedit and I didn't quite follow the math on that, some of their crates are $30

The $30 crates are for 7"s. Cheapest crates for 12"s are $55 (at least that's what the website says). The dimensions are 14x14. A 4x4 expedit measures 58x58, so approx. 14x14 per compartment. Might not be identical due to thicker sides, but pretty close. If you opt for the $70 crates, you only need 12 to cover the shelving space of a 4x4 expedit, so that's $840, but you do get extra 8 inches in total (2" per row), so that's a plus.

Sorry to hear math isn't your strongest suit, but there's not much I can do about that.

Am i alone in preferring to look through my vinyl from a front profile vs the spine view? I'd like to have my favorites ran across the walls as soon as i have my man cave complete.

Tried it back in the day but it takes too much space. Only good if you're planning on accumulating a 'small' collection.

I prefer "record store" style over "library" style. I actually have an idea for shelving but it is too next level.

What did you have in mind? I'm always looking for new ideas for shelving. I can never find anything pre made that I'd like for a decent price. I made one to look like these. http://www.lpbin.com/

We're having a bath fitter come out to our house this coming Monday.  Now, my bedroom is connected to the bathroom and I have to move my collection out of my room temporarily, as our water hook up panel is in my room on the same wall as my collection.  Needless to say, I'm quite pissed.

Anyone else have their dowels starting to show on their expedit? I have a 2x4 on its side and the middle shelves are showing their dowels from the top. Probably a result of having all my records in the 4 middle shelves.

I had one showing a few dowels after putting it together. I tried everything to correct it short of taking it apart. You don't even see it when records are in so it's really an aesthetic thing. Nothing to worry about. The wood is likely slightly warped.

• jhulud locked this topic