Post Your Record Storage Area

Just moved last week so here's some trash quality phone pictures of my new set up.

08Xg6O1.jpg

Used to have the circular dioders in my expedit but figured leaning them out of the way of the light and risking warping them just to use some pretty lights was kinda dumb so now they're under the bar style counter in my kitchen. I'm aware my desk area is currently a cable management nightmare. I'll fix it... eventually.

Just moved last week so here's some trash quality phone pictures of my new set up.

08Xg6O1.jpg

Used to have the circular dioders in my expedit but figured leaning them out of the way of the light and risking warping them just to use some pretty lights was kinda dumb so now they're under the bar style counter in my kitchen. I'm aware my desk area is currently a cable management nightmare. I'll fix it... eventually.

Cool practice amp

I have a little 10 watt Ibanez too but honestly I never use them since I use amp sims on my computer to produce so when I want to noodle around with my guitars I usually just hook it up to my computer haha.

yea, i noticed the little UX2 up there. really cool little interface. 

yea, i noticed the little UX2 up there. really cool little interface. 

It gets the job done for a beginner's home studio but at it's price range it's one of the worst A/D converters honestly haha. It freaks out and cuts my computer's audio out all the time for no discernible reason. Planning on trading it in towards a Focusrite 2i2 soon! It's the same price and I trust the 2i2 waaaay more.

Hey guys, quick question I was hoping you could help me out with.  I was looking at the bookcase, console below as a possible place to store records and set up my table-amp-speakers.  

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furniture/bookcases-cabinets/shift-black-74-bookcase/s254374

The problem is the thing is so  long that with the addition of speaker stands on either side it really wouldn't fit in most rooms in my house.  So my question is, could I put the turntable on the top of the console, maybe dead center, and then also put the speakers on the top of the console, just try to keep them as far away from the turntable as possible (quick math tells me they would probably be 22 inches away from the turntable on either side)?  I know this would violate the not putting the speakers and turntable on the same shelf/unit, but they are just $50 Sony bookshelf speakers at the moment and I'm wondering if the distance would help me get away with it).  What do you think?

tl,dr: Can I put speakers and the turntable on the same surface/shelf of one console and get away with it?  -- It's a long shelf!

Hey guys, quick question I was hoping you could help me out with. I was looking at the bookcase, console below as a possible place to store records and set up my table-amp-speakers.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furniture/bookcases-cabinets/shift-black-74-bookcase/s254374

The problem is the thing is so long that with the addition of speaker stands on either side it really wouldn't fit in most rooms in my house. So my question is, could I put the turntable on the top of the console, maybe dead center, and then also put the speakers on the top of the console, just try to keep them as far away from the turntable as possible (quick math tells me they would probably be 22 inches away from the turntable on either side)? I know this would violate the not putting the speakers and turntable on the same shelf/unit, but they are just $50 Sony bookshelf speakers at the moment and I'm wondering if the distance would help me get away with it). What do you think?

tl,dr: Can I put speakers and the turntable on the same surface/shelf of one console and get away with it? -- It's a long shelf!

It looks really nice.

Obviously, that's not an ideal scenario, but if you put the speakers and/or turntable on some sort of isolator, you'll be able to make do.

It looks really nice.

Obviously, that's not an ideal scenario, but if you put the speakers and/or turntable on some sort of isolator, you'll be able to make do.

Something like this - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ProPAD?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=recording&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CKOS1-Kug7oCFc-e4AodUEMAQg?  

The problem is the thing is so  long that with the addition of speaker stands on either side it really wouldn't fit in most rooms in my house.  So my question is, could I put the turntable on the top of the console, maybe dead center, and then also put the speakers on the top of the console

Honestly, if you have to make compromises I'd say it's definitely better to sacrifice storage space than sacrificing the way your setup is going to be set up. Maybe a smaller console in the middle and another one on a different wall, perhaps even in the next room. Still better than putting the table and the speakers on the same surface if you ask me.

I'm in the process of moving in to a new place in Massachusetts. Here's what I have going now. I'm missing about 200 or so 12" records that are still boxed up, waiting for me to make enough $ to buy one more 5 compartment Expedit. Once I get the additional storage I'm hoping to figure out a way to de-clutter this all a little bit.

UTrjxNd.jpg

I'm in the process of moving in to a new place in Massachusetts. Here's what I have going now. I'm missing about 200 or so 12" records that are still boxed up, waiting for me to make enough $ to buy one more 5 compartment Expedit. Once I get the additional storage I'm hoping to figure out a way to de-clutter this all a little bit.

UTrjxNd.jpg

nice setup.  I'm loving the Punk in Drublic LP.

• jhulud locked this topic