Post Your Record Storage Area

Local record store owner said he will build me an actual record store style shelf with exact dimensions he uses, should fit about 400 LPs he said.

I'm beyond stoked right now, can't wait to stop using expedit and not look at only the damn binds

I've considered making something like this for a long time. It does make flipping through so much easier. 

_DSC2598.jpg

Im not so much a collector.  I used to be a touring merch guy.  Ended up with a lot of vinyl because of it.  I still travel a lot and pick up records where ever I can.  I havent stood still long enough to purchase a proper shelving unit for my collection or even a decent record player yet.  Ive got my eyes on a pro-ject debut carbon turn table once I move into a house that doesnt share a wall with my neighbors.  

I must say that most of the pictures posted here are awesome.  Some of you really put in some time, effort, and cash into your set ups and man caves and hang out spots.  Im very impressed and I strive to turn this into a killer set up.

Sorry for the crap photography 

xoxo

I've considered making something like this for a long time. It does make flipping through so much easier.

Significantly easier, but also it always others who go through my collection without feeling it's way too much of a chore, I'd feel that also looking at hundreds of binds pressed together instead of just easily flipping through large artwork

timbhr, it still blows my mind that an EB guy is here and a Broadways fan. in all of my EB time, i would have never guessed that anyone over there would care about the Broadways.

Slapstick/Broadways filled my high school years. Broken Star was basically the anthem of my senior year back in 1999. Saw Slapstick's "final" 2 shows and saw the Broadways a number of times during the couple years they were around. A Knights of Columbus and horse barn were 2 of the memorable ones. When Mike Park did an eBay charity auction for a number of Asian Man test presses a number of years back, I knew I needed to do whatever it took to snag that Broken Star TP. Saw them at Riot Fest a few weeks ago and while sloppy, it brought back a ton of old memories. Saw Slapstick at Riot Fest last year as well.

Don't talk too much about music over on EB so I really haven't a clue as to what everyone's tastes are over there. Hell, I don't particularly care for much of what's popular over here on VC either, haha.

Finally getting settled into the townhouse my lady and I bought a few weeks ago.  This is my new set up.  Sorry for the crappy I-phone picture.  On the other side of the room there is 1 more full 2 X 8 full Expedit.  I'll post better pictures once I get some more light down in the room.

vBonTDu.png

• jhulud locked this topic