Post Your Record Storage Area

Ok so silly enough question...just set up my expedit this past weekend and most people on here use them. Do you guys put anything behind your records to keep them from being pushed back? it's the only annoying thing i have a gripe with and would like to fix. thanks

I went to Home Depot and bought a square dowel that was maybe .5" x ."5 and painted it the same color as my expedits. Then I cut it to length and glued it in the back of each space to act as a stopper.

Worked like a charm.

Ok so silly enough question...just set up my expedit this past weekend and most people on here use them. Do you guys put anything behind your records to keep them from being pushed back? it's the only annoying thing i have a gripe with and would like to fix. thanks

I basically did the same thing as crash, but used these. I got mine at Lowe's though they probably have them are any major hardware store in the moulding/trim section:

rGQHQAp.jpg

They are plastic. Just measured the expedit and cut them to length. Rattle can'd them black, and let them dry for a day or so just to make sure they weren't sticky. Stuck them on the shelves (flat side out, obviously) with double sided foam tape so I can easily remove them if I decide to. I think I used the 1" pieces so it had a little more surface area for the wider tape.

Looks and works great. But them back far enough for the spines of the covers to sit just about flush to the edge of the shelf. I thought about setting it back an inch or so, but I think it looks better flush.  I can't believe it took me this long to do it. 

I still have to make a few more, but I am going to get all 16 cubes done for around $12 if I remember right. 

I basically did the same thing as crash, but used these. I got mine at Lowe's though they probably have them are any major hardware store in the moulding/trim section:

rGQHQAp.jpg

They are plastic. Just measured the expedit and cut them to length. Rattle can'd them black, and let them dry for a day or so just to make sure they weren't sticky. Stuck them on the shelves (flat side out, obviously) with double sided foam tape so I can easily remove them if I decide to. I think I used the 1" pieces so it had a little more surface area for the wider tape.

Looks and works great. But them back far enough for the spines of the covers to sit just about flush to the edge of the shelf. I thought about setting it back an inch or so, but I think it looks better flush. I can't believe it took me this long to do it.

I still have to make a few more, but I am going to get all 16 cubes done for around $12 if I remember right.

What are the dimensions of those?

I went to Ace and bought a piece of crown molding.  Had it cut to 13 5/8" IIRC (don't quote me on that) and used some double-sided foam tape to fasten them to the Expedit.  That about a minor upgrade making a major difference.  Now I couldn't imagine not having them installed.

Hey guys I'm new on Vinyl Collective, Here Is my "Music/Bed Room", At first I got a costom made Storage for 120 records and CD's, with a place to put the TT on and the Amp device... But as you know, when you start collecting vinyl... everything goes out of control... and became this messy room... Need to get one of those Expedit shelves, Sucks there is no IKEA on my country.

IMAG0001_zps8183282a.jpg

IMAG0003_zpsb6640678.jpg

IMAG0010_zps51e0669d.jpg

IMG_3218_zpsc37a1c79.jpg

IMG_3223_zps7adff885.jpg

Excuse the crappy pics, My camera has the worst perspective ever haha, yeah, the Chihuahua is incluided.

• jhulud locked this topic