Post Your Record Storage Area

it will take you, at most, 5 minutes to put together, I don't think it will need to be mounted. I bought a 1x2 yesterday and have it standing up upright and it's not going to tip over anytime soon. I'd imagine it's just the larger ones that really need reinforcement. Good luck keeping that collection small! :P

Haha, thanks man. I'll post some before/after pictures for you guys when it's all done!

Do you guys have any recommendations for good shelving? I would love to order to from ikea but I'm not paying $300 shipping and my nearest store is 4 hours away

there are companies on the east coast that will go to your nearest Ikea and buy what ever you want and then deliver it to you for cheap.  my folks own one in Virginia. try googling it. 

Reorganized a bit.  I have some signed gig flyers and art prints I need to put up still so it doesn't look like I only go and see Sleep :lol:

IMG_24703337684128_zpso0owuyek.jpeg

IMG_24709793997459_zpsdcng69gv.jpeg

CAM00514_zpsxowbjbcl.jpg

The flyers you can't really see in the third pic....

1604504_10153891510570451_1113353086_n_z

All of my CD's are hidden in the closet.

So yesterday, my chinchilla did something that she had never done before - she chewed the sleeve of one of my records. I caught her in time, but I am putting a stop to it!

y81FiS0.jpg?2

Today was my day off, so I went to Michael's and bought a few of those god awful LP frames (I felt like a tool buying them), and remembered I had a few Portugal the Man prints lying around.

M7eQIlD.jpg?2

So a trip to the hardware store later, I bought some black hinges, and before you know it, custom doors for the Expedit, and CHINCHILLA-PROOF Expedit.

gfOutzG.jpg?1

Quite happy with how it turned out.

So yesterday, my chinchilla did something that she had never done before - she chewed the sleeve of one of my records. I caught her in time, but I am putting a stop to it!

y81FiS0.jpg?2

Today was my day off, so I went to Michael's and bought a few of those god awful LP frames (I felt like a tool buying them), and remembered I had a few Portugal the Man prints lying around.

M7eQIlD.jpg?2

So a trip to the hardware store later, I bought some black hinges, and before you know it, custom doors for the Expedit, and CHINCHILLA-PROOF Expedit.

gfOutzG.jpg?1

Quite happy with how it turned out.

Dude.... This is fucking clutch! Suppper nice find!

If you do, make sure they're high enough so that the chinchilla can't reach them.

Awesome point!

Looks like i'll be running by Michaels after work. I need a couple doors on my setup to hide wires/supplies. 

I didn't know they had nicer LP frames now. The old ones were terrible. 

These were technically "t-shirt" frames. A bit bulkier than the LP frames. 13"x13". http://www.michaels.com/T-shirt-Frame/fr1240,default,pd.html

They're also currently Buy 1 Get 1.

This may be a dumb question, but do the doors block the records that are at the end behind the hinges? They look awesome, but that is my only possible drawback.

No, I used really thin hinges that can open more than 180 degrees. When I attached them, I put them to the very edge of the expedit, so it opens all the way out (and around the corner).

Great setup and listening room, looks awesome. What are those Marantz?

Thanks!  The one on the left is a 2245.  It's what's currently being used in conjunction with the TT and Paradigms.  On the right is a little 1515 that is not being used any more.  I have plans for it though.  Going to buy a cheap tube "preamp" kit and use it strictly for headphone listening with my CD's.  Im not sure how it will sound, but for no more than the receiver and kit cost Im not going to worry too much if it sounds like straight dook. 

Posted this in the "DEAL FOUND carbon" thread. But I'll post it here too since I think there will be some interest:

Loving the debut carbon so far.

And I actually really like having to manually change the belt. It's more hands on and that's one thing I love about records.

I also found a cool little box at walmart to keep my 45 adapters, record brushes and cleaning solution, and various other records things in.

75CF775C-E703-4984-830B-1738A475E477_zps

If any of you are interested it's in the office supplies section and only $5. It's got two drawers and a compartment on top that opens up. It's perfect for what I use it for

• jhulud locked this topic