impact

Post Your Record Storage Area

Any of you Expedit users make backs for them? I want to get some 1/4" plywood, paint it and fasten it to the back so the back is enclose and it will make the shelves a little sturdier. 

For those of you who have done this, what did you fasten it to the back of the Expedit with? Screws (what size) or nails (again what size). I plan on using screws but don't know what's a good size to use so hoping those who have done this can shed some light.

This exactly what I did with my 5x5 expedits. Quarter inch plywood works just fine. I recommend painting it even on the edges so it blends really well. Also use small screws, maybe a half inch. If you have a larger expedit unit be sure to screw in each row, going up and down. I originally had a backing that I nailed in but it started pressing out so I sunk about 100 small screws into it.

Another good idea is to get some crown molding cut to size in order and place these as backstops in each cube. That way your Lps won't be sunk all the way in. I like having my LPS poke out just a bit so it's easier to pick out a record.

Hope this helps.

This exactly what I did with my 5x5 expedits. Quarter inch plywood works just fine. I recommend painting it even on the edges so it blends really well. Also use small screws, maybe a half inch. If you have a larger expedit unit be sure to screw in each row, going up and down. I originally had a backing that I nailed in but it started pressing out so I sunk about 100 small screws into it.

Another good idea is to get some crown molding cut to size in order and place these as backstops in each cube. That way your Lps won't be sunk all the way in. I like having my LPS poke out just a bit so it's easier to pick out a record.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. When I get it all together if I don't like how deep the records sit I will try that crown molding idea, sounds pretty straightforward to do. 

So, crappy pano photo, but I just finished a massive reorganization. My better half and I bought a house recently and I had a lot of my stuff stored at my parents house (six hours away) for the past year. Finally got it all to Nashville! 7"s live in the custom boxes to the right, TT and preamp next to that, and DVD's and CD's in binders in the shelf under that. Turned out pretty well  :) 2zdx6o7.jpg

For those of you in the Chicagoland area, I am selling those custom made shelves I was using and just replaced. Local pickup only - I'm 25 miles west of Chicago. PM me if you are interested. I have 12 of them available. 

You should post this in the VC Chicago thread on the 'Everything Else' sub-board.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/83471-chicago-vc/

Reorganized a bit.  I have some signed gig flyers and art prints I need to put up still so it doesn't look like I only go and see Sleep :lol:

IMG_24709793997459_zpsdcng69gv.jpeg

The flyers you can't really see in the third pic....

All of my CD's are hidden in the closet.

I love that Baroness print. I picked up the same one at their show at Mojo's.