Post Your Record Storage Area

I have a similar design, one unit, 4 sections. It easily holds 400, and can hold more, but not a fan of squeezing them in. Nothing more annoying that a record store where you can't flip through.

For me, it's easier than the expedit because I am constantly pulling records for my classroom, vinyl nights, porch parties, etc. Just need to get around to staining it.

Show us pics of yours!

Sure! Need to add the bottom shelf eventually. Total cost, about 50 dollars doing my own cuts and such. Set up for a bottom shelf, just haven't finished it yet. Plus, bending over sucks.

c7a2d98c77a7362ff4fdeee20b823d4f_zpsa4e9

The design I eventually want to build is based on this...I want to have it so the bottom shelf is on wheels and has a pneumatic cylinder or two that can help lift it to browsing level.

Expedit is now called Kallax

It's the same thing, so ikea so have the beloved shelves

pretty much the same thing, but not exactly.  I think the inside dimensions are the same, but the outer panels are a little bit thinner than the Expedit.  It's really only noticeable when the two models are side by side.

pretty much the same thing, but not exactly.  I think the inside dimensions are the same, but the outer panels are a little bit thinner than the Expedit.  It's really only noticeable when the two models are side by side.

Before realizing it's now kallax, I was planning on hauling my 2x2 expedit 500 miles

Managed to get the last set from a local store of the Expedit shelving in the size and colour I wanted yesterday...
2e4dnrq.jpg
Nice to get my records all in order instead of in stacks on the floor in the spare room, unfortunately I filled it up straight away.

The rest of my LP's stayed in the smaller Expedit so there is room there to expand...
54k93.jpg

Managed to get the last set from a local store of the Expedit shelving in the size and colour I wanted yesterday...

2e4dnrq.jpg

Nice to get my records all in order instead of in stacks on the floor in the spare room, unfortunately I filled it up straight away.

The rest of my LP's stayed in the smaller Expedit so there is room there to expand...

54k93.jpg

So much Pearl Jam.  Never too much Pearl Jam.

Anyone have any experience making their own frames? I'm thinking of making a frame to hold 12 records (4 records by 4 records) that can be hung on my wall. I'm trying to make it as easy as possible to access them. Thinking of creating slots that they can slide into somehow,

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+four+times+four%3F

:P

Nice!  I like the record store look you have going on there.

Thanks dude. Eventually just going to build a custom unit off that wall. I just purchased this place, and want to do a few things first like add a front deck, playground for my daughter, and upgrade the surround sound in this joint. Actually just reorganized it, now it holds all my modern items, along with late 70's and 80's punk on the far right. 

My 60's items have been relocated to the crates for now. For some reason, I reorganize every few months....Dewey Decimal represent. 

• jhulud locked this topic