Post Your Record Storage Area

I like those Daniel Danger pieces.

He is one of my favorite artists for sure. I've got a bunch more of his prints I need to hang back up or get framed.

Question for people with framed prints. Where do you go? And how much does it cost? My print is about 18 x 30 or so.. I know Michaels always has coupons but shit is still so expensive... I guess I should get accurate measurements and I could possibly find a frame that's fit for my print

IKEA actually has some pretty cheap plastic frames

I buy cheap frames from craft stores, frame some myself with frames from framdestination.com, and have had a few professionally done.

Question for people with framed prints. Where do you go? And how much does it cost? My print is about 18 x 30 or so.. I know Michaels always has coupons but shit is still so expensive... I guess I should get accurate measurements and I could possibly find a frame that's fit for my print

we always go to michaels. when i was in college i did the ikea frame thing but having a frame that is sized properly (rather than one that is simply bigger than the poster), a nice double-matte and real glass makes a huge difference. with the typical 60% off coupon most posters come out to $110-$150 framed.

just got back my original 1996 red red meat poster from michael's the other day... very much worth the $$$:

Nc6o4Wp.jpg

Americanframe.com

Do it yourself.....much easier than u would think....just measure!

Michaels is NOTORIOUS for dry mounting prints....so b careful!

we always go to michaels. when i was in college i did the ikea frame thing but having a frame that is sized properly (rather than one that is simply bigger than the poster), a nice double-matte and real glass makes a huge difference. with the typical 60% off coupon most posters come out to $110-$150 framed.

just got back my original 1996 red red meat poster from michael's the other day... very much worth the $$$:

Nc6o4Wp.jpg

I haven't gotten to many framed, but I'll always wait for Black Friday and have Michaels frame it.  They always have a killer deal.  Something like 60% off and then 30% off of that.

Americanframe.com

Do it yourself.....much easier than u would think....just measure!

Michaels is NOTORIOUS for dry mounting prints....so b careful!

This. They drymount everything. I've even seen them drymount stuff, when the customer tells them not to.

I usually pick up frames at Cheap Pete's in SF (not sure if they are just in Northern California?) They also have ready made frames for Fillmore posters. This Ryan Adams print is a really unique size (9" x 24") so I ended up going custom, it still only cost around $80

image1_zpsac9mxvad.jpg

So we're in the midst of a remodel and we had already torn out the old fireplace that was sure to burn the place to the ground eventually.  After going back and forth a few times my wife gave the go-ahead to a built-in with record storage, a couple of shelves for some of her curios, a little bench, and a skylight.  Its pretty much done... just need to finish the stain and a couple of coats of satin poly.  The 8 main storage areas are mostly equivalent to 12 Expedits worth of LP storage.  Its all 3/4" oak ply and solid oak trim on a 2x frame.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and can't wait to get the records loaded into it.

Before

15f1ycm.jpgwlel9d.jpg

After:

5x8z2f.jpg1zea8ti.jpg

So we're in the midst of a remodel and we had already torn out the old fireplace that was sure to burn the place to the ground eventually.  After going back and forth a few times my wife gave the go-ahead to a built-in with record storage, a couple of shelves for some of her curios, a little bench, and a skylight.  Its pretty much done... just need to finish the stain and a couple of coats of satin poly.  The 8 main storage areas are mostly equivalent to 12 Expedits worth of LP storage.  Its all 3/4" oak ply and solid oak trim on a 2x frame.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and can't wait to get the records loaded into it.

Before

15f1ycm.jpgwlel9d.jpg

After:

5x8z2f.jpg1zea8ti.jpg

That fireplace! Looking good man! 

• jhulud locked this topic